Any good looking bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
that anybody saw and wants to talk about in the Herd Bull edition of the Hereford World that just came out?

I was bashing it a few days ago (and it is pitifully small) but I did see a few animals that caught my eye.

What is the Herd Bull Edition?

I don't get the Hereford World because the AHA doesn't send it out to Junior members, and I'm not going to pay for it - especially when HerefordAmerica's is free on the internet.

Got to page 126 and it locked on me.

From what I did see there are some good looking bulls, some great looking, but the one that really caught my eye was the Richard Day ad bull.

Mr. Day is an interesting character. I have been through his cattle and spent a few hours talking with him. A funny thing that sticks out in my mind was that I met him at the Braums in Sulphur, OK and we had lunch before going to his place. He ordered a CHICKEN SANDWICH!

WichitaLineMan":3ewrcxk1 said:
Mr. Day is an interesting character. I have been through his cattle and spent a few hours talking with him. A funny thing that sticks out in my mind was that I met him at the Braums in Sulphur, OK and we had lunch before going to his place. He ordered a CHICKEN SANDWICH!

Call Rod Serling. We have just witnessed a short trip to the twilight zone. A chicken sandwich !!! WOW! What are the odds of someone ordering a chicken sandwich? :lol2:

Nothing wrong with that. Best chicken sandwich I had was at a small cafe near here and they called a Chicken Cordon Blue sandwich, it was a special but I wish they would make it a regular item.

Hubby always complains that on Mothers Day I always order the special which is a steak. He always says why eat steak somewhere else when we have it at home.
I tell him I don't have to cook it.
I ask him why he only ever orders a burger when we have a bunch at home. ;-)

I have a hereford breeder friend that always say that we should eat more eggs, as every egg takes another chicken out of the equation forcing people to eat more beef.

KNERSIE":vp7j5svd said:
I have a hereford breeder friend that always say that we should eat more eggs, as every egg takes another chicken out of the equation forcing people to eat more beef.

I eat a lot of vegetables for the same reason. Doesn't seem to be working but my cholesterol's dropped 20 points. :roll:

angus9259":2zk9g81p said:
KNERSIE":2zk9g81p said:

I eat a lot of vegetables for the same reason. Doesn't seem to be working but my cholesterol's dropped 20 points. :roll:

I believe that homo sapiens isn't at the top of the food chain for no reason, I'll leave my veg for you.

hereford_jock":1gui19nk said:
What do you think of the Grandview Cardinal bull WLM?

Nothing wrong with him that I can see right off the bat. I'd rather see a bull in his working clothes than all poodled up however.

As far as poodled up bulls from Grandview the Detox bull is pretty nice looking as well.

WichitaLineMan":tbmyclyb said:
hereford_jock":tbmyclyb said:
What do you think of the Grandview Cardinal bull WLM?

Nothing wrong with him that I can see right off the bat. I'd rather see a bull in his working clothes than all poodled up however.

As far as poodled up bulls from Grandview the Detox bull is pretty nice looking as well.

I liked Detox as well, I really like how that Cardinal bull is bred, out of P606 full sister and has favorite 512 on the top side, she would be the mother of my k10 son

Although he probably won't be well received here on Cattle Today, I liked this bull.

http://www.feddes.com/847.html

FResyEasy847.jpg

Although he probably won't be well received here on Cattle Today, I liked this bull.

Why? I don't see any reason not too like him, he may not be everyone's type, but he is the type I like.

KNERSIE":1ko0wuio said:

Why? I don't see any reason not too like him, he may not be everyone's type, but he is the type I like.

He, his dam and his numbers all look very impressive. $40/straw and no certs, that is getting pretty reasonable too.

KNERSIE":2rcyegv5 said:

He is pretty much a straight Line One bred bull.

WichitaLineMan":pt59vziy said:
KNERSIE":pt59vziy said:

He is pretty much a straight Line One bred bull.

There are good ones out there too. ;-)

Latest posts