Any bluegrass pickers out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":26cd1l29 said:
I drive past Ralph Stanley's house a several times a month but have never met him. I do like his music.

When Ralph had Sammy Adkins and Jr Blankensip with him, that was the best bluegrass music ever made. Sammy and Jr still sing with the Sandy Hook Mountain Boys. Check em out. They do all the old Stanley songs they did years ago. They do alot of dates around your area.

ALACOWMAN":3t6l8z5f said:
tripleBfarms":3t6l8z5f said:
My favorite music. Larry Cordle and Lonesome Standard Time are on Jubilee right now.
I cant even pick my nose with any success,, but this one will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck,, Doyle Lawson hard to eat
:cowboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapuHeKt ... r_embedded

You got that right. Doyle has made a ton of good music over the years. I know his son. He lives about 10 miles from me. Looks just like him.

Took banjer lessons for about a year but if you're ever around when I'm playin Foggy Mountain Breakdown please stand behind something lest ya get hit with a flyin pick. Do like that that music but I'm too old to do anything but listen to it now. Flats and Scrugs and anything by Ralph Stanley are pretty good in my book. Emmy Lou Harris has a couple that I like.

Latest posts