Another what about this little bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Txpiney

Reaction score

He is 10 1/2 months old. Thinking about keeping him as a heifer bull. How bad is he for his age?

This was him at about 61/2 months old. He is really filling out.

I think he is a good looking bull. Very well filled out and not too extreme.

I really like his front quarter and head/neck shape.

For just heifers he should be fine... Wouldn't use him as my herdsire though..

frieghttrain":3a12zn7z said:
holm25":3a12zn7z said:
For just heifers he should be fine... Wouldn't use him as my herdsire though..
Neither would I. I'm not personally impressed with him he lacks masculinity

I do think he'd make one he// of a butcher steer :nod:

Maybe it's just the pictures, but he looks to have substantial shoulders. If so, I'd keep at least two fences between him and any first time heifers. Maybe three.

If your just gonna use him to open some heifers,and not retaining anything...which I'm sure your not..he'd do the trick as far as that, and not putting extra money in one to do the same thing..that's the ""only"""reason I'd use him though...

TennesseeTuxedo":19rly5kl said:
Rough crowd.
Isn't it. If they think my stock is so pizz poor, they must have some bad azz genetics. Hes not my herd bull. Thanks for at least a honest assessment for the original post Alacowman.

Yes, he can breed your heifers if he has a set of nuts. Would I keep him? No
If you are just looking to settle cattle and sell everything, he might get the job done. If you cannot afford semen or another bull, he is better than having open heifers, if he is going to CE.
How many bulls is he "the pick of"?

ALACOWMAN":1bw9hh4t said:
If your just gonna use him to open some heifers,and not retaining anything...which I'm sure your not..he'd do the trick as far as that, and not putting extra money in one to do the same thing..that's the ""only"""reason I'd use him though...

I don't doubt that he could make a calf, I'm just concerned about the heifers delivering them.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2fd2wjjt said:
Yes, he can breed your heifers if he has a set of nuts. Would I keep him? No
If you are just looking to settle cattle and sell everything, he might get the job done. If you cannot afford semen or another bull, he is better than having open heifers, if he is going to CE.
How many bulls is he "the pick of"?
His sire is a calving ease angus bull. I picked this bull out of 11. Another reason was that his dam is my best momma. She has a nice udder, calves every 10 1/2 to 11 months on 7 calves so far. Great disposition. His disposition so far is excellent. I will be buying another herd bull in the near future to replace my current herd bull. Thanks for the input Jeanne

Latest posts