Another sale on RFD

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I hope that it's going to be raining here later today, April 1. So maybe I'll watch the Brooks Chalky Butte Ranch sale on RFD today. Preview is at 12:30. Are they an Angus operation?

Frankie":3q5nz3mt said:
I hope that it's going to be raining here later today, April 1. So maybe I'll watch the Brooks Chalky Butte Ranch sale on RFD today. Preview is at 12:30. Are they an Angus operation?

Yep they are an angus operation.....Watched parts off and on--They sold a lot of yearling heifers for $850- $1000....Bulls didn't do bad- but there were some no sales and some not bad looking Rito 616 sons that sold for around $1500-$1700....

On Tuesday RFD will have the Rolling Rock/Hinman Angus bull sale from Sidney Mt...They used to sell a lot of bulls that went down to your part of the country....

They sold a lot of yearling heifers for $850- $1000

I'm not an Angus breeder but that doesn't sound like a very good price for yearling heifers. Is that the norm for the breed?

Oldtimer":vbrldb90 said:
Frankie":vbrldb90 said:

Yep they are an angus operation.....Watched parts off and on--They sold a lot of yearling heifers for $850- $1000....Bulls didn't do bad- but there were some no sales and some not bad looking Rito 616 sons that sold for around $1500-$1700....

On Tuesday RFD will have the Rolling Rock/Hinman Angus bull sale from Sidney Mt...They used to sell a lot of bulls that went down to your part of the country....

Rats. I missed that one today. I watched part of the Brooks sale, too. I noticed the 6I6 bulls. We haven't had much experience with him. We bought a cow several years ago bred to him and was pretty disappointed in his performance. But I like the one out of an 878XPrime Time heifer we bought late last year. If you can judge an eight week old calf, he's looking good.

Jovid":3kvd3kxz said:
They sold a lot of yearling heifers for $850- $1000

I'm not an Angus breeder but that doesn't sound like a very good price for yearling heifers. Is that the norm for the breed?

Couldn't say. Depends on the demand, condition, breeding status, etc. I'll bet Gardiners sold heifers for more than that. Spur Ranch has sold commercial bred Angus heifers for as much as $1800.

Latest posts