Another rant...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
about customer service and how there isn't any. I'm not talking about service calls going to Pakistan, either. I called the Dish people last night about an ongoing issue with being charged twice. First, AT&T sent me to Dish, who sent me back to AT&T. After being on hold for several lifetimes, I got a customer service rep, someone who is obviously working out of their home.

I got no beef with people doing this sort of thing from home. I think it sounds like a sweet job. But I got this guy, Barry, loud music in the background. He was like, "Hey man! Can I help you?" then right in the middle of my questions, he lets out this huge, audible yawn. I heard it over the music or video game or whatever it was, in the background.

I told Barry that I really didn't want to deal with him, and could he find someone else for me to talk to.

Several lifetimes later, about 45 minutes, I'm on hold and finally decide to just call today.

You gotta love those guys at AT&T! At one point, the person from Dish asked me if I was cutting out on him. I told him that my fantastic phone service from AT&T sometimes did that.

I may not be able to get DSL from anyone else, but by gawd, everyone and their dog has Dish and I am switching.

Gee that guy sounds just like a guy I talked to when I was having trouble with my son's online tutoring.
Lammie we have DirectTV, when you get the voice activated system, just say "customer service" and you get a person.
Hope it gets better for you.

kinda like when in was having cell phone trouble,the supervisor at alltell i talked to told me to use my landline to make calls,i said what do i do when i am not at home she said stop and use someones phone :mad: i said hello isnt this a cell phone company???

I luv herfrds":2gbgla41 said:
Gee that guy sounds just like a guy I talked to when I was having trouble with my son's online tutoring.
Lammie we have DirectTV, when you get the voice activated system, just say "customer service" and you get a person.
Hope it gets better for you.

When I have a tech question, they are great. I shouldn't have even been on the phone with them. I called AT&T about the dish portion of the bill and they sent me to Dish. Of course, those are tech guys, so they sent me back to AT&T and that's when I was talking to "the dude".

I got charged twice for Direct TV on the last bill. I like it and all, but not 106.00 worth.

Had a real fun one today. Couldn't send any e-mails.
Called the tech support, sounded like I woke him up. He dropped the phone at one point, he never apolagized. Told me to call the tech support on my virus protection program. That was a 30 minute wait, logged on instead and followed the directions. Nothing was fixed.
Called the original tech support back. Was walking through it with a different guy and all of a sudden he asked me a question and told me he figured it out.
2 letters were left off of my email server for out going mail.
We had done just about everything except drop kick the computor. :lol2:
He called me back about 4 minutes later to remind me to turn on my firewall.

Oh GAWD! This is sad.

Right now I'm dealing with an insurance company trying to execute my Aunt's will. They sent me all kinds of forms that I have no way of figuring out. I went to the insurance company that we have all of our policies thru. They told me, in no uncertain terms, good luck. I bought a fax machine today because I figured there will be a lot of back and forth. I'd go to the insurance company if it was in the state of Texas (like it was when the policy was taken out back in the 70s), but now it's in South Carolina.

PLUS, I've been unable to communicate in anyway with a bank in Montana to find out about what accounts my aunt had there. I was told I had to show up in person. Turned it over to the lawyer...and he's getting grief, which, of course, translates to added dollars.

I'd say something right now, but it would be considered political.

Alice

Alice":1e2dfjaf said:
Oh GAWD! This is sad.

Right now I'm dealing with an insurance company trying to execute my Aunt's will. They sent me all kinds of forms that I have no way of figuring out. I went to the insurance company that we have all of our policies thru. They told me, in no uncertain terms, good luck. I bought a fax machine today because I figured there will be a lot of back and forth. I'd go to the insurance company if it was in the state of Texas (like it was when the policy was taken out back in the 70s), but now it's in South Carolina.

PLUS, I've been unable to communicate in anyway with a bank in Montana to find out about what accounts my aunt had there. I was told I had to show up in person. Turned it over to the lawyer...and he's getting grief, which, of course, translates to added dollars.

I'd say something right now, but it would be considered political.

Alice

It's OK Alice just go ahead and blame it on George Bush. I'm sure it's his fault :shock:

Just kiddin, don't go nuts on me :cowboy:

Sorry Alice. They ask that you do show up in person with a picture ID and a copy of the death certificate.
Had to do that twice.
Not fun.

Now take a deep breath and scream. You will feel better.

I luv herfrds":4x85roar said:
Sorry Alice. They ask that you do show up in person with a picture ID and a copy of the death certificate.
Had to do that twice.
Not fun.

Don't forget the "judgment of possession".
Do you know anybody up there that you could trust to give power of attorney so they could act for you?
If I remember my geography, I think it is a far piece from Texas to Montana.

The least they could do while you're on hold is play some righteous tunes like the Martina Mcbride Christmas collection or some Dixie Chicks. Yo. I was on the phone on hold today for something I forget what and had to listen to a heartbeat. I kept thinking maybe Pink Floyd will break in here somewhere. Never happened. That was weird.

I luv herfrds":yywype42 said:
Had to do that twice.
Not fun.

Oh yeah...I've been screaming! Ya' know, I didn't have any kind of trouble with the Teacher Retirement folks. I was able to do everything by email, even scan the power of attorney and then the death cert. and email it. I enjoyed working with them. The person I had the most contact with had been one of my aunt's students years ago when she taught H.S. in Bozeman, which made the whole sad thing a little less grievous.

OK, back to screaming!

Alice

Ryder":3sbldjyj said:
I luv herfrds":3sbldjyj said:
Had to do that twice.
Not fun.

Don't forget the "judgment of possession".
Do you know anybody up there that you could trust to give power of attorney so they could act for you?
If I remember my geography, I think it is a far piece from Texas to Montana.

You remember your geography perfectly, Ryder. With the way things are going, if I were to go ahead and fly up there, I would find absolutely nothing. But, the estate has to be settled. I'll have to see if the price of a plane ticket is less than what the lawyer is going to charge for this little part of the probate...ha, ha.

All of my aunt's friends are now deceased. She had no relatives there...she went straight from Ohio to Montana to teach after she graduated from college, and that was right after WWII ended.

The lady at the insurance office I went to for help said that she fought and wrangled with the U.S. Army for 2 years over money and insurance her father had tied up with them. He'd been in the Army 40 years, so there was a lot of money there. They have absolutely refused to work with her. She finally gave up. Now, that ain't right!

Alice

I'll call a friend today and ask her some questions and see if there is anything else you can do. Will look and see what the state law says in this situation.

Will be later today though, got 2 horses going to the shoer.

I luv herfrds":bn68urf9 said:
I'll call a friend today and ask her some questions and see if there is anything else you can do. Will look and see what the state law says in this situation.

Will be later today though, got 2 horses going to the shoer.

Thank you!!!! :heart:

Alice

With privacy laws being what they are, you might have to become her Power of Attorney. I couldn't get anything done with my parents until I did that. Makes things a whole lot easier. I guess if your aunt is dead, that might be a problem, though.

I'd stick with a probate lawyer. I have a good group I worked with in Fort Worth over the summer. Got me all straightened out. Katten and Benson. Good folks.

$106 for at&t dish? I'm out in the middle of the woods and I'm using a DSS system and paying $108 for 1 HD TV, 3 digital boxes (all 4 boxes have the hard drive thing in them), high speed internet, and 2 phone lines. The thing I have uses the sat for upload and down load. No phone lines needed. We get almost all the channels; I do miss the local stuff.

I do have to toss a tennis ball at the satellite to get the snow off of it a few times a year. It did take a few service calls to get it set right where it would live through the storms and stay pretty clear.

Lammie":1c7vc1vk said:
With privacy laws being what they are, you might have to become her Power of Attorney. I couldn't get anything done with my parents until I did that. Makes things a whole lot easier. I guess if your aunt is dead, that might be a problem, though.

Yes on the problem. When someone passes away, having a power of attorney is worthless. I had to get a judge to let me in to Dad's checking accounts and had to get ordered as Administrator of his estate. His "wife" threw his will in the fireplace and cleaned out all the banking accounts. The judge was not happy with her at all. 5 years after all the wars, she was admitted to a mental institution and I have heard nothing from her since. We had actually cared about the lady before his death.

Lammie":1dbylghj said:

I'd stick with a probate lawyer. I have a good group I worked with in Fort Worth over the summer. Got me all straightened out. Katten and Benson. Good folks.

I tried to do this with the power of attorney before she died...no go. I was told I had to present it in person even if I just wanted to get the information of...is there money there or not! :mad: If they'd just tell me that, I'd know more what to do. If there's only like $200 there, I'd forget it 'cause that's less than a plane ticket and lot's less than what that attorney's costing.

Alice

mobgrazer":o63h5ri5 said:
$106 for at&t dish? I'm out in the middle of the woods and I'm using a DSS system and paying $108 for 1 HD TV, 3 digital boxes (all 4 boxes have the hard drive thing in them), high speed internet, and 2 phone lines. The thing I have uses the sat for upload and down load. No phone lines needed. We get almost all the channels; I do miss the local stuff.

I do have to toss a tennis ball at the satellite to get the snow off of it a few times a year. It did take a few service calls to get it set right where it would live through the storms and stay pretty clear.

I threw a shoe at my receiver once...like to have never found it.

Alice

Latest posts