Another New Steer

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0

Reaction score
He's a Twenty X(HooDoo x Troy) and out of a Troy cow.

IMG_0007.jpg

Just looks like a calf. He is clipped a little rough. He actually looks like your lifeline, is he as green?

This calf has been on feed for about 2 weeks, so yes, he's really green. I dulled all but one set of my blades when we went to Stephenville this weekend, so I had to have a local guy do them. I got him roughed up and started to fine tune it and they went dull, go figure.

Decent steer! I imagine he will come along good like you others! You do seem to get some pretty consistent uniformed looking calves. I assume you are getting them from the same source? Seem if memory serves me you have had a few Hoodoo influenced.

Ps. on the clipping looks plenty good to me unless he is going in the ring in 30 minutes ;-)

he looks alright as a calf

i think that when you puts some good feed in him he will be a different calf in a couple months

Middle to the end in the classes. Really wasn't expecting to do great since it was the calves first show.

theres only a few things i can pick him apart on like how high his flank is and how badly he drops off on his belly. and he runs down hill badly too

The Stephenville show is an extremely tough show for its size. Most of the folks that show up are fairly serious about showing and some very good calves are there. And the little hair balls bought this spring still have most of that hair.

Its a long way from now to the majors.

We were there with heifers and every one of the five heifers in our breed that showed up were pretty stout.

chambero":37sjtaiy said:
The Stephenville show is an extremely tough show for its size. Most of the folks that show up are fairly serious about showing and some very good calves are there. And the little hair balls bought this spring still have most of that hair.

Its a long way from now to the majors.

We were there with heifers and every one of the five heifers in our breed that showed up were pretty stout.
What breed?

To high in the flank, swayed back. needs more lenghth, looks like he is in at the hocks. his front legs look to be out of wack. needs a bigger butt for me but thats just me

Moocow11":3vr16x3o said:
To high in the flank, swayed back. needs more lenghth, looks like he is in at the hocks. his front legs look to be out of wack. needs a bigger butt for me but thats just me
The calf is not sway backed.. he does, however, slope from tail to head. I think as he grows he will grow out of it a bit, but will not totally grow out of the trait. He is, however, high in the flank. I think in the end, though, he will turn out to be a pretty decent steer for you, cowboy, as most of yours do.

Jay

Latest posts