Another guess what it is.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
This piece belonged to one of my great aunts, my mother got it after her passing and now we have it. I know what it is but wouldn't have before being told. I know a little about antique furniture because my mother and grandmothers were pretty knowledgeable but there's lots I don't know. Anybody know what it is?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ky hills said:
TT, she is correct. Kenny Thomas, I have also heard of them being used to store flour or meal too as well.

Her mother had one from the mid 1800's.

TT, maybe your wife can tell me what this piece is called. My mother always called it a what not and it was her favorite piece of furniture.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ky hills said:
TT, she is correct. Kenny Thomas, I have also heard of them being used to store flour or meal too as well.

TT, maybe your wife can tell me what this piece is called. My mother always called it a what not and it was her favorite piece of furniture.

Never seen that piece before but would like to have one just like it.

Ky hills said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ky hills said:

You stumped her on this one. It's like a hall tree but more of a display piece than a coat and hat rack.