Another deal or dud

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75":24e1ke6s said:
jltrent":24e1ke6s said:
IMO neither a deal or a dud. Myself, I would look very hard for a good used one, even if I had to over pay, to find one made before the EPA emissions additions were added.
i agree. i see a lot with less then 500 hours.

They are a common lease tractor in this neck of the woods. 2 years/600 hours would explain that part of it, but I agree about the emissions standards now. The post driver I have ordered has to have a tier 4 engine to get it across the border. :bang:

Farm Fence Solutions":2b3d2qlg said:
callmefence":2b3d2qlg said:
littletom":2b3d2qlg said:

Dang right. You never know when some azz hat might dump a load of topsoil on top of your rock in a thunderstorm and you really don't want to drive around it. :lol:

Four wheel drive is quite important on rocky ground. When a tire slips on sharp jagged rock it's often the end of that tire. Crawling over the rock in four low is common knowledge here.

callmefence":2apo3s1j said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2apo3s1j said:
callmefence":2apo3s1j said:

Dang right. You never know when some azz hat might dump a load of topsoil on top of your rock in a thunderstorm and you really don't want to drive around it. :lol:

Four wheel drive is quite important on rocky ground. When a tire slips on sharp jagged rock it's often the end of that tire. Crawling over the rock in four low is common knowledge here.

Just screwin with ya. ;-) That'll be a nice tractor for your plans.

HDRider":bcg40mzx said:
True Grit Farms":bcg40mzx said:
Two years ago in a month my wife bought me a new lease return 9960 Kubota tractor for $48k, cab, 3 rear remotes, air ride seat, radial tires, cast wheels, loader and a 12 speed shuttle shift.
I sometimes wonder if I chose correctly by not getting a Kubota.

The one you have is more engine, but a 1000 # lighter tractor than the 5085E.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... sions.html

I can't argue that, I like weight my tires are bigger and are loaded and cast wheels. Nothing seems as heavy on the Kubota but so far we haven't tore nothing up in 1500 hours. The front bucket on a Kubota is way heavier than a JD, my JD is bent beyond fixing. We're ruff on equipment around here.

I bought it year before last with 800 hrs. Payed 32 4wd open station no loader has 1600 hrs now zero problems. Has 250 water tank on front half time. Why I wanted the frame the m has vs no side frame of e.

littletom":387dgf8c said:
I would price and compare a m series to it. I bought the 5085m.

The difference I saw in the m was the side frame and just frills beside that.
Weight is a issue as it will be on a trailer every few days. I honestly could get by with a smaller tractor for a fence machine. But I wanted it to be able to pinch hit as a farm tractor and a forklift. Seemed like the happy medium.
I've spoke for the tractor but I could certainly change model's. Gonna have to be a Deere though...I spoke for it.

callmefence":8x4z7i7s said:
littletom":8x4z7i7s said:
I would price and compare a m series to it. I bought the 5085m.

The difference I saw in the m was the side frame and just frills beside that.
Weight is a issue as it will be on a trailer every few days. I honestly could get by with a smaller tractor for a fence machine. But I wanted it to be able to pinch hit as a farm tractor and a forklift. Seemed like the happy medium.
I've spoke for the tractor but I could certainly change model's. Gonna have to be a Deere though...I spoke for it.
I hope the dealer sticks with what he says. Our JD dealers put the big farmers first and it doesn't matter if you waited for your turn or not.

HDRider":2crg794g said:
Same here Grit
Corruption at its finest, just proves you can buy your way in, and some folks will do anything for a dollar.
Fenceman will be very happy, a new tractor is so nice compared to a older one.

If I had it to do over I would consider this, or something close to it.

5864-td3a.jpg

It says Tier III engine, which I am not sure a new one would be.

I came close to buying a M108S and couldn't find enough information on the swing shift trans . My next tractor will be used , have a cab, 4x4 and a power shuttle . green orange blue red dont matter

IMHO....I'm a fan of the ones painted green. You can jump on any of them in the dark, and everything is where it is supposed to be.

good baler priced where most of that model are. If everything is as the say its a deal. i don't know anything about drum mowers but everything i have read they are simple machines and 8' is plenty wide. Hay rake is priced right even if it needs new teeth , they run 1.50 each and 40 per wheel you can change all of them for 500 bucks

Latest posts