Another deal or dud

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":3prnpxfw said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3prnpxfw said:
What are the transmission options? Left hand reverser/shuttle shift would be handy on a fencing tractor.

Agreed same for the open station. The cab is like crawling in and out of a deer stand.. ;-)

Till August rolls around and you've got one trained to run the post driver while you sell wire by the ton from the comfort of your air conditioned cab. ;-)

Farm Fence Solutions":1667ft1v said:
What are the transmission options? Left hand reverser/shuttle shift would be handy on a fencing tractor.

Kubota L series has left hand shuttle and gear selector. We ran one up to 5500 hours fencing with it. At that point the post driver had pretty much rattled it apart.

Two years ago in a month my wife bought me a new lease return 9960 Kubota tractor for $48k, cab, 3 rear remotes, air ride seat, radial tires, cast wheels, loader and a 12 speed shuttle shift.

True Grit Farms":1aohls09 said:
Two years ago in a month my wife bought me a new lease return 9960 Kubota tractor for $48k, cab, 3 rear remotes, air ride seat, radial tires, cast wheels, loader and a 12 speed shuttle shift.
Well Grit, is it any good?

Ken

True Grit Farms":1nmi8tn8 said:

Yes I remember congratulateing you on a nice tractor. How's it holding up.

IMO neither a deal or a dud. Myself, I would look very hard for a good used one, even if I had to over pay, to find one made before the EPA emissions additions were added.

jltrent":3rpg8dni said:
IMO neither a deal or a dud. Myself, I would look very hard for a good used one, even if I had to over pay, to find one made before the EPA emissions additions were added.
i agree. i see a lot with less then 500 hours.

The tractor has been good so far still trying to get used to it even after two hay seasons. The pro's, no break downs of any sort, and comfortable. The con's, the loader is built in such a way you can't see the the tips of the forks to pick up a pallet or bale of hay up easily, broke the armrest, seat won't swivel, ripped a hydraulic quick connection off the back because I got side tracked and forgot to unplug the hoses, which I've done several times on my JD without any problems. And last and the worst, the tractor regenerates every 30 to 50 hours. The EPA sucks.
I'd look at John Deere and Kubota and decide between the two myself. I keep thinking about buying a used pre emissions tractor but if something major is wrong with the tractor, the cost of parts and labor will make you wish you bought a new tractor.

fence_it":1eqfugd5 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1eqfugd5 said:

Kubota L series has left hand shuttle and gear selector. We ran one up to 5500 hours fencing with it. At that point the post driver had pretty much rattled it apart.

You'll have that with a Shaver. :lol: :hide:

Latest posts