Angus Transfer, Birth Weight and EPD's ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tnfarmboy67

Reaction score
OK so I bought 4 registered Angus Cow Calf pairs about 3 weeks ago and they were transferred to my angus herd inventory yesterday. Only one of the calves has the birth weight recorded. I know the birth weight on two of the other calves and tried to add the birth weight in the AHIR menus, but a caution sign popped up and would not let me enter them. Question 1. Is there any way I can get the birth weights recorded?

One of the calves did not have any EPD's recorded. The Sire as all EPD's and the Dam has just a few Interim EPD's (CED,BW,WW,YW,CEM,Milk, $W, and $F.) Question 2. If I Genomic test the Calf will it fill in the EPD's?

DNA testing will get the EPD's faster, but once you turn in weights on the calf that will also generate the EPD's the reason your not seeing EPD on calf is the cow still has Interim numbers.

gizmom

tnfarmboy67":1alt7gcq said:
Will I be able to enter the birth weights, or will I have to get the original owners to do it.
Why not contact the registration folks at the association either by phone or email?

You will need to give them a call, since you weren't owner at birth. The original owner should have done that when registering the calf for transfer. ( some just don't).

Latest posts