Angus - Thomas Top Hand

Help Support CattleToday:

Margonme

Reaction score
Are any of the Angus folks using Thomas Top Hand? He has a nice set of EPDs. I have a heifer due March 10 to Uno Mas. Her sire is Top Hand and her Dam is a PB Simmental sired by Fat Butt.

This half blood simangus heifer out of Top Hand is very nice. Almost a prototype of what I find pleasing.

I don't hear much about Top Hand. His semen is handled by Select Sires. I only bought one cane. I used 6 straws and stuck all but one, so good stuff.

I used him for four years on about 60 heifers each year. I sold the heifers so I never saw the calves but a had some real good feed back from a guy who bought them two of the years. Late last summer I saw a Top Hand son come through the sale ring. I wasn't looking for a bull so I was sort of asleep at the wheel. About the time the auctioneer said sold I realized he was a Top Hand son. Very good looking bull and he sold cheap. Had I been paying attention I would have bought him.

Thanks Dave. He has made some nice crosses on my Simmental cows. He really pushes their EPDs forward.