• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

guyrob

Reaction score
It is widely believed that angus are a good breed. this is not so! they are the bane of the beef industry and should all be ritually sacrificed. What do you think

blk mule":2cntkt7g said:
Are YOU for real ?

blk mule

I agree with this part "should all be ritually sacrificed". The ritual should be cut into steaks and cooked on a hot grill 2 1/2 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the other.

dun

Angus don't suck.

The WRONG kind of Angus, which are popularly glamorized to the point that folks are having trouble with functionality, suck.

There are still good ones around, they just don't tend to contain most of the currently popular sires.

Badlands

guyrob":1g7jtbpd said:
It is widely believed that angus are a good breed. this is not so! they are the bane of the beef industry and should all be ritually sacrificed. What do you think

guyrob,
What I know about ritual sacrifice leads me to believe that only the best without blemish were candidates for sacrifice. Go for it. Use Angus for this purpose!! :lol: :lol:

oh man here we go again.someone is kicking a bad hornets nest here.i for one hope its a heck of a bad joke.

bigbull338":160adstt said:
oh man here we go again.someone is kicking a bad hornets nest here.i for one hope its a heck of a bad joke.

I figured it was, that's why I replied as I did

dun

dun":2s6zas4q said:
bigbull338":2s6zas4q said:

I figured it was, that's why I replied as I did

dun
dun i hope your right or someone has just throwed a match on a keg of gun powder.

I don't believe in breeds...

Its a backwards way of running cattle.

Didn't some famous orator once say "...a world where all cattle are created equal"

If function, efficiency, durability, disease resistence, milking, calving ease and SIZE were all that people selected for over the past couple hundred years, instead of 'color', 'ear', 'horn' or 'my breeds guidelines', cattle today would be monstrous and productive meat factories- but could also have calves every with no problems.

I doubt old Tom Lasater would have minded his cattle growing as large as elephants- b/c pounds of meat is the business, not head of cattle.

I guess i am more concelliatory.Althought i am not drinking the kool-aid. I would not say the angus breed sucks. I think in the right programs, they are needed for the cross breeding program. But the other side of the coin a pure angus animal is not superior in my mind. My personal opinion is that a commercial cattleman needs to crossbreed and to use hybrid vigor and heterosis to be profitable. By paying an incentive for angus they are buying customer loyalty. Why don't other breeds simple they have no need to. As far as the claims of tenderness it is affected by the cooking method and cut. So what i am saying is that angus have done a great job of marketing. If they work in your program great but the angus doesn't work in every program.

cow needs about 50% more energy(food) to produce full milk for her calf and maintain original body condition.

can grow a calf using less than 50% of cow's diet.

i think that is the logic of many early weaners.

also, cow may breed back earlier, or better chance breeding back on time.

I think relying on doing things the way dad did them is the wrong way to conduct business in a changing world.

However, I have to question the value of weaning early to get cows pregnant.

Sounds like mis-interpretation of some strong signals to me.

Badlands

Latest posts