Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Young angus bull here.
D1_3_march09.jpg

D1 is an embryo bull by GAR Yield Grade one of the most proven sires out of the US in recent years. Crossed with 7127 who adds carcase and fertility to the proven Australian Vicky bloodline. This 14 month old bull has huge potential based on his pedigree and EBV figures, which includes 4 top 10% traits and 2 top 5% traits. D1 is also in the top 5% for all cattle indexes. Top 10% in Gestation Length, Milk, Days to Calving and Retail Beef Yield. Top 5% for Carcase Weight, Eye Muscle and all indexes. DOB: 06.01.08 601kg on 17.03.09

In conclusion, breeding values aren't everything.

It still is hare for me to see how easy some people can say (Does not look like much) from a picture, with no reference. I think he is beautiful, and hell he could be big as a house and u could not tell from a picture....

alftn":23zlfu7q said:
It still is hare for me to see how easy some people can say (Does not look like much) from a picture, with no reference. I think he is beautiful, and be nice he could be big as a house and u could not tell from a picture....

You gotta be joking? knee to pastern length? space under him? he11 even the size of his ear tag compared to him. The devils grip on him, infact his whole heart girth is bad enough. His owner took the pic and made the advert so it's their choice he is marketed the way he is.

Don't get me wrong he looks like a friendly little fellow but he's a shining example of what happens if you are blinded by epd's and blood lines.

The scary thing is someone who thinks they need black cattle to be able to sell them will buy this calf (especially at that price).
Particularly because with those 'figures' he must be good- numbers mean everything to alot of blokes these days.

aussie_cowgirl":2c5lmani said:
alftn":2c5lmani said:
It still is hare for me to see how easy some people can say (Does not look like much) from a picture, with no reference. I think he is beautiful, and be nice he could be big as a house and u could not tell from a picture....

You gotta be joking? knee to pastern length? space under him? be nice even the size of his ear tag compared to him. The devils grip on him, infact his whole heart girth is bad enough. His owner took the pic and made the advert so it's their choice he is marketed the way he is.

Don't get me wrong he looks like a friendly little fellow but he's a shining example of what happens if you are blinded by epd's and blood lines.

Now that's a term not often heard these days! Just look through the Angus bulls in most semen catalogues, seems like something has sneaked in in recent years that I didn't see that often in the past.

KNERSIE":pckvvbuh said:
aussie_cowgirl":pckvvbuh said:
alftn":pckvvbuh said:

You gotta be joking? knee to pastern length? space under him? be nice even the size of his ear tag compared to him. The devils grip on him, infact his whole heart girth is bad enough. His owner took the pic and made the advert so it's their choice he is marketed the way he is.

Now that's a term not often heard these days! Just look through the Angus bulls in most semen catalogues, seems like something has sneaked in in recent years that I didn't see that often in the past.

I heard it from an old cattleman :cowboy:

3waycross, its like someone has picked the calf up and squeezed him with a firm grip behind the shoulders - you see how he tightens in behind the shoulders, not only on his sides/ribs, but also on the topline and chest floor as well

basically, its a very restricted heart girth

All you got to do is put that guy on feed for a few months, Then every body praises him. :shock:

mnmtranching":2fczmis4 said:
All you got to do is put that guy on feed for a few months, Then every body praises him. :shock:
Looks like a steer to me, or should be a steer

We had a Yield Grade bull a few years back. Looked pretty good when I bought him, and his numbers were really impressive. He was probably the biggest disappointment I've had yet bullwise. He went nuts and all his calves were nuts, plus they were dinks. We have this one cow that has had a heifer calf every year but one and we've kept every heifer out of her, best cow we've ever had. Her heifer calf from the YG bull went in the freezer.

Latest posts