Angus Bull - Thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

OldCrow

Reaction score
Not one to post even when people on CL are asking crazy prices for terrible cattle. This is different than that and I'm a little disappointed although I guess I shouldn't be.

Let me know what you think about these "Angus Bulls". They aren't bad calves but click on the link to see what I'm talking about.

https://westky.craigslist.org/grd/5810303829.html

No doubt, they would eat but they aren't exactly what I would be looking for in a bull.;)

I couldn't get over the fact that he actually believes the white face calf is angus. Then again I guess he is 90% black. The other one is all black so he must be Super Angus. I should market that.

I don't think he is trying to sell breeding stock. Don't 'cha think he is simply saying they aren't cut or banded? They are bulls not steers.

HDRider":1zgw53nd said:
I don't think he is trying to sell breeding stock. Don't 'cha think he is simply saying they aren't cut or banded? They are bulls not steers.
My impression is the same as yours. I didn't see anywhere he stated they were bull prospects. I've seen several out of top AI sites with great EPD's no better but priced 6-8 times higher.

TennesseeTuxedo":3tk23inw said:
HDRider":3tk23inw said:

Let's hope so but the baldy still doesn't qualify as an Angus bull.
Hair splitter, needle threader, nit picker.

HDRider":yvg92ulr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":yvg92ulr said:
HDRider":yvg92ulr said:

But not a redneck.

TennesseeTuxedo":1snb2hjw said:
HDRider":1snb2hjw said:

Your right TT he is an angus cross, thanks for clearing that up for us.

TennesseeTuxedo":207pdpsy said:
HDRider":207pdpsy said:
TennesseeTuxedo":207pdpsy said:

But not a redneck.

Haha, That is funny I just posted over on that thread about that topic.

I may have jumped the gun a little but I am with TT in that he isn't angus. l prefer him to be called Black Baldy Bull calf or angus influenced but then again he isn't mine and most can tell what they are.

midTN_Brangusman":3ibfd57p said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3ibfd57p said:
HDRider":3ibfd57p said:

I was confused as heck too. That white face just throws me for a loop, almost makes him look bald or something..

HDRider":mfl7cd75 said:
midTN_Brangusman":mfl7cd75 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":mfl7cd75 said:

I was confused as heck too. That white face just throws me for a loop, almost makes him look bald or something..

You crack me up HD!

HDRider":1gljcokz said:
midTN_Brangusman":1gljcokz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1gljcokz said:

That one is probably a registered Black Hereford.

midTN_Brangusman":151t7x1o said:
TennesseeTuxedo":151t7x1o said:
HDRider":151t7x1o said:

Here I thought he was a black Hereford! LOL

Y'all are all wrong. He is Super Angus and I've done bought him to add to some of the finest you'll ever see West of the East bank of the Tennessee River and East of the West bank of the Tennessee River.

PM me if anyone is interested in getting in on the front end. I'm taking investors now but it is filling up fast!

Some of the best Bulls that I ever had were grade bulls out of herds of my friends or family. The momma's were straight bred and the sires were registered. I'm not advocating that , but at that time it was all I could afford.

Latest posts