Angus bull chisum 255

Help Support CattleToday:

Josher

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the AI scene but was wondering if anyone has any experience with chisum 255 bull. He looks good to me in the books but maybe I'm missing something. Looking to keep replacement heifers and maybe a bull for commercial herd. Any thoughts r welcome

I am a major fan of his sire. He has put several cows in my herd, also I have several herd bulls I have saved. Extremely docile, easy fleshing, and good udders.
No personal experience with this bull, but my SS rep said they have sold a lot of him. Most everything he has heard was positive. I wish I could find a video of him walking, but his phenotype looks perfect. I wish he had a little more growth, but I will probably sample a few straws of him in my non Chisum 6175 influenced heifers

6175 looks pretty solid I read somewhere that he throughs a bit more frame. How big r your cows sired by him? And I think I'm gonna try get at least 10 straws of chisum 255 that is if I can get it in Canada

255 is a better bull than his sire hands down if you want to keep replacements.

frieghttrain":2a09tqqr said:
W.B.":2a09tqqr said:
255 is a better bull than his sire hands down if you want to keep replacements.
Better milking? Any experience shared would be great I'm thinking about trying him out.

I would like to hear also. If his daughters are better than 6175, then I need some in my herd.

I don't have any 255 progeny but my oldest 6175 daughters will be 7 this spring. In every case he downgraded udder quality and in some cases he decreased foot soundness. 255 will be an improvement in those areas based on cow family history. Talk with the people who raised the bull I can assure you they will give you honest answers.

Any updates on this bull? Thinking of ordering a few canes of him for Spring 2020. Pictures are always welcomed!

I have not used or saw any calves from 255.
But I take back my udder comments on 6175. He downgraded all my udders. I actually have a few of his daughters that will be leaving next year because of udder quality.

Hopefully 255 will correct that issue in his sire...I sure hope so, I've pulled the trigger on 255 on a select few (10 hd) of Fall cows and appear to have gotten along fairly well. Was thinking of using more on the Spring herd if I could get some more feedback on him (255) mainly due to the fact that 8/10 appear to have taken to the AI.

Latest posts