Angus AI sires being used

Help Support CattleToday:

zackmaddie1

Reaction score
is anyone ai ing there reg angus to Niagara. Pay eight 1682. Or powerball out there. We are and just wanted y'all's thoughts.

have 7 niagaras born this fall. plan on using him again this year. i like them at this point way too early to tell. i will say we only used 7 straws and got 7 calves so conception rate and semen quality was off the charts good on what i have used..

Not using any right now, have quite a bit of pay weight influence in my herd though

is anyone ai ing there reg angus to Niagara. Pay eight 1682. Or powerball out there. We are and just wanted y'all's thoughts.
We used Powerball this past summer and are expecting calves this spring. On some other boards Powerball has had positive things noted. We used him based on pedigree and checking a number of boxes that matched our programs goals.

Will be getting my first Niagara calves on the ground this spring in March. I'm excited to see them. I've heard nothing but good things about Niagara.

We used Niagara again this year also Hoover Counselor, and a number of others but those two are getting the most use this season. Calves on the ground out of our 1701 bull made me decide to skip AI on the group he was slated to provide natural cover on we AI a few on natural heats then made the decision to let him take care of the rest. He is I with about 40 head. Calves out of this bull are really impressive.

Used Payweight 1682. Huge ribbed (high capacity) calves. The first generation heifers have now had calves - really nice broody cows with nice udders. Probably the only negative is the feet are good but not great - take a look at Payweight 1682 foot scores.

Of that group I have only used Niagara. My oldest daughters will be 4 this spring. His steers were my fastest growing and heaviest to finish of all the steers. His heifers were hard to get bred as yearlings. He added at least one frame score I think to the cows. If you need growth and foot improvement he is the bull to use. I would say his calves are about breed average for disposition.

Not using any right now, have quite a bit of pay weight influence in my herd though
Directly from 1682 or his sons? Any comment on how you like the calves? Daughters? How old are they? Fertility? foot structure? Growth? Have you fed any out?

Latest posts