...and Cleveland's cold

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Comment from Indy this a.m.: Houston drafted Mario Williams to chase Peyton Manning. They drafted Jadeveon Clowny to chase Andrew Luck.
I'm shocked Houston passed on Johnny Football. Wish him luck in Cleveland, if he can make it there he can make it anywhere.
No ill will for the Texans, but they could have the #1 pick again next year.

john250":1gs6q0hw said:
Comment from Indy this a.m.: Houston drafted Mario Williams to chase Peyton Manning. They drafted Jadeveon Clowny to chase Andrew Luck.
I'm shocked Houston passed on Johnny Football. Wish him luck in Cleveland, if he can make it there he can make it anywhere.
You got that right. Manziel looked almost relieved after the Cowboys passed on him. :lol: :lol: Do not envy him playing in Cleveland especially the weather.

I don't underrstand Houston's thinking but it seems they have focused on strengthening both their lines to protect a lead and protect a rookie or sub-par QB (like Fitzpatrick).
I hope they aren't pinning their hopes on Fitz as a franchise QB. Almost as many INTs as TDs. :deadhorse:
Career (2005-2013)
completion %-59.8
yards-16,790
TDs-106
INT-93
Rating-77.5

Seems they've been down that road before, tho I keep hearing that some sort of a trade is in the works for Patriot's Ryan Mallett.
Alabama's AJ McCrarron is still draft available too. Back to back national championships for Ala.
Totals
completion/Att-686–1026
% completed-66.8
carreer passng yards-9,019
TDs-77
INTs-15
Avg yards/game-172.7
Houston could do a lot worse, especially considering this is an SEC qb.

OTOH, I hope Manzeil puts 60 points on Houston's butt the first time they play each other.

I'm just not a Manziel fan, I was glad to see him fall to 22. Clevland did well to pass on him at #4 and then get him at 22. I wonder how hard Johnny money will be to sign, I didn't like the money sign he gave walking on to stage at #22.

Although I very surprised to see McCrarron still on the board in the fourth round, he may be a steal or a another tebow.

As usausal, only one duck taken so far and that was late third round by his ex coach.

Alan":3qm4mdtc said:
I'm just not a Manziel fan, I was glad to see him fall to 22. Clevland did well to pass on him at #4 and then get him at 22. I wonder how hard Johnny money will be to sign, I didn't like the money sign he gave walking on to stage at #22.

Although I very surprised to see McCrarron still on the board in the fourth round, he may be a steal or a another tebow.

As usausal, only one duck taken so far and that was late third round by his ex coach.
Come on ol' man. He's done that sign since he started at Aggieland. It only became the "money sign" when 'bama didn't appreciate it. Teams all have their "money player". He was constantly doing it to the sideline trying to get them to give him the play. Never the less. He'll make plenty and I think he'll do well. Might not like him but he can play football. We'll see. At least he's in a league now where just about everybody is an a$$ hole.

john250":1y9njbwj said:

Thats fine it will be better than having Johnny Football Cleveland is welcome to him.

We have a class act with Case Keenum.
Peyton would have gotten killed behind Houston's offensive line or the lack of one.

Houston Just drafted Tom Savage

TexasBred":s9cv6wm7 said:
Alan":s9cv6wm7 said:

Come on ol' man. He's done that sign since he started at Aggieland. It only became the "money sign" when 'bama didn't appreciate it. Teams all have their "money player". He was constantly doing it to the sideline trying to get them to give him the play. Never the less. He'll make plenty and I think he'll do well. Might not like him but he can play football. We'll see. At least he's in a league now where just about everybody is an a$$ hole.

:mrgreen: I'm sure my feelings for Johnny Money has nothing to do with him uncommitting from the Ducks to go to the Aggies :lol: . But I really like our QB and his off field ethics. Dual threat QB's have had a hard time in the NFl so far, also Johnny will not be under a spotlight for long ....... My god! It's Cleveland! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Alan":3v8zgao4 said:
:mrgreen: I'm sure my feelings for Johnny Money has nothing to do with him uncommitting from the Ducks to go to the Aggies :lol: . But I really like our QB and his off field ethics. Dual threat QB's have had a hard time in the NFl so far, also Johnny will not be under a spotlight for long ....... My god! It's Cleveland! :shock: :lol: :lol:
I"m a big fan of Marriotta (sp) too. Seems like a good young man and definitely a good athlete. Yep it's Cleveland. But they can only improve and maybe he will help them.

TexasBred":16a3o29t said:
john250":16a3o29t said:
You got that right. Manziel looked almost relieved after the Cowboys passed on him. :lol: :lol: Do not envy him playing in Cleveland especially the weather.
And I can't imagine he's very excited about the club scene in Cleveland either ...

torogmc81":14zt66f9 said:
TexasBred":14zt66f9 said:
john250":14zt66f9 said:
And I can't imagine he's very excited about the club scene in Cleveland either ...

LoL , are you kidding me, the club scene in Cleveland will be huge compared to the College Station Dixie Chicken

houstoncutter":tdye4psy said:
torogmc81":tdye4psy said:

LoL , are you kidding me, the club scene in Cleveland will be huge compared to the College Station Dixie Chicken
OH, my bad, but I wasn't necessarily comparing to College Station as much as I was comparing to NFL cities, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, NYC, etc. Not that I'm an expert on clubs, LOL. Probably more of an assumption on my part more than anything. But it was one of the first things that popped into my head when CLE drafted him, "Hmm, how's the 'social scene' in CLE for their new boy Maziel." But I'm sure he can find what he needs in just about any city ....

torogmc81":2pw4bc6k said:
houstoncutter":2pw4bc6k said:
torogmc81":2pw4bc6k said:

OH, my bad, but I wasn't necessarily comparing to College Station as much as I was comparing to NFL cities, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, NYC, etc. Not that I'm an expert on clubs, LOL. Probably more of an assumption on my part more than anything. But it was one of the first things that popped into my head when CLE drafted him, "Hmm, how's the 'social scene' in CLE for their new boy Maziel." But I'm sure he can find what he needs in just about any city ....

Manziel better concentrate on football and leave the club scene alone for awhile if he wants to make it in the NFL. He's not exactly a sure thing. The way I see it, there were about 10 teams that need a QB and passed on Manziel, including Cleveland with their first pick, before he was taken. There's got to be a reason for that. Could be his size, skill set, immaturity, or maybe the off the field stuff. I don't know, but these young men are poked and prodded and tested and judged in every way imaginable before anyone will take the chance on them and he simply wasn't seen as someone that teams, even those that need a QB, were willing to spend a high first round draft pick on.

That's not to say he can't make it. I hope he does. He's a good football player and fun to watch, but he doesn't have much room for error right now. We'll see what he's made of over the next year or so.

By the way John, I loved your reference to Panco and Lefty. I wonder how many folks got it.

That's pretty much how I feel about it Van, but Cleveland is probably going to be better for him than say New York, Miami, New Orleans .... You know those low profile little communities. :D

torogmc81":26vfbem4 said:
houstoncutter":26vfbem4 said:
torogmc81":26vfbem4 said:

Oh I was just pulling your chain, from whatever been told by folks that would know, he spent a large amount of time in Austin partying .

This should be an interesting season for Houston they sure got a lot of help for JJ.

Luck might not be as lucky looking at what will be coming from across the line.

Now if I could just feel confident about Houston finding a way to score offensively.

The AFC South could be very interesting this season with some of the analyst giving Indy the worst
grade for the 2014 draft picks.

houstoncutter":egaxxrn4 said:
Oh I was just pulling your chain, from whatever been told by folks that would know, he spent a large amount of time in Austin partying .
Come to think of it...How many Texas Longhorns were drafted this year? In any round??? Guess they can all keep hanging out in the crazy city. They are loved there anyway and nobody gives a dam what they do on or off the field.

TexasBred":58vdg26j said:
houstoncutter":58vdg26j said:
Come to think of it...How many Texas Longhorns were drafted this year? In any round??? Guess they can all keep hanging out in the crazy city. They are loved there anyway and nobody gives a dam what they do on or off the field.

Oh, oh, oh! I got it! Can I answer that one TB! Oh come on! Okay zero longhorns drafted this draft, first time since 1937..... Oh wait ducks kicked their butts in the bowl game last year..... Longhorns have a bit of a road to travel. :tiphat:

Your are correct about my "shorthorns". They will stay shorties until they prove otherwise. Of course I am liking this new coach thuogh

And for whatever it' worth, only one (1) QB taken ahead of Manziel and everyone is still trying to figure out why !!!!!!! A lot of good young QB's were taken very late. It was really a pretty crazy draft but I suppose everyone knew what they needed or thought they did anyway.

Latest posts