Ancestry

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been to Cajun family funerals where the males showed up just to look for dates for a family wedding slated for the next weekend..

Brute 23":f2aun0vk said:
When I was around 16 or so we stopped at a gas station and I walked in to get some drinks and took note of a pretty girl in there. We were standing in line and I started chatting her up. We both walked out and back to our vehicles. I noticed we both took off the same way. Long story short short... when we both pulled in to the same family reunion #### got real. :lol: She was my mom's, 1st cousin's, daughter.

In my early 20s I was at a wedding and noticed a girl eyeing me on the dance floor. When she got done she came over and we started talking with some other people standing there. Long story short, again... another cousin. :oops:

I have made it a point to know my family a lot better now.

Here in Tennessee that would be considered complete strangers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯! :lol2:

herofan":1dhkm4m5 said:
backhoeboogie":1dhkm4m5 said:
TexasBred":1dhkm4m5 said:
What you're saying Boogie is that incest is ok as long as you keep it in the family.

It worked well for my Acadians. 5th cousins married etc. I'm not sure they even knew they were kin back then. But they were catholic with extensive records in the church. Records of godfathers etc. Someone knew his ggrandfather was also her gggrandfather.

I actually know a couple younger than I who share the same gggrandparents. The gggrandparents had a slew of kids, so the descendants still occasionally have family reunions centered around them. For me, it's a little creepy that both could attend that family reunion because they're both kinfolks. :shock:

Cousins are sometimes a peculiar thing. I have some 3rd cousins that I feel closer to that my 1st cousins, and I certainly consider them "close family." When I was growing up, I was always quick to let people know "we are cousins." On the other hand, I have some 3rd cousins that I am aware of, but I certainly don't feel like family, and I have some 3rd cousins that I've never met.

A young couple brought a sow over to be bred when I had hogs. They were concerned about the hogs being related, they were first cousins. Lines are a little tight in that belief.

backhoeboogie":maoiy4sh said:
At one time with DNA work, they had everyone traced back to the "7 daughters of Eve". It seems they are up to "19 daughters of Eve" now. Essentially every human goes back to one of these "daughters of Eve".

So you are inbred too TexasBred.
Line bred damit, line bred. :lol: :lol:

Caustic Burno":1mw6lqug said:
Secondly our surname is one of the rarest in the USA.

Last I knew there were about 100 of us in the country, and I am the only person in the world with my name. Seriously, I've googled it many, many times and I'm the only guy. In fact, everyone in my family is the only person in the world with our name, that's how unique it is.

Bestoutwest":3c9jgkgn said:
Caustic Burno":3c9jgkgn said:

Last I knew there were about 100 of us in the country, and I am the only person in the world with my name. Seriously, I've googled it many, many times and I'm the only guy. In fact, everyone in my family is the only person in the world with our name, that's how unique it is.

160 families of us.

Caustic Burno":1djbjhk2 said:
Bestoutwest":1djbjhk2 said:
Caustic Burno":1djbjhk2 said:

160 families of us.

It's amazing isn't it that there are some families with so few and then you have Jones, Smith, etc? I've always said that if I won the lottery the first thing I'd do was to change my name legally to John Smith.

haase":2l3tnzft said:
Got one for you, my wife's half brother is my first cousin.

We had a kid in school that was the uncle of a girl a couple years older than him. I don't think they dated, though.....

No it doesn't, my dad sister had a child with my wife's dad, no blood relation, but it shows you what a small world it is.

Latest posts