Amy Winehouse....

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
while out shopping yesterday saw on the NEWS that Amy Winehouse had died of an overdose in her North London Flat.
Was she know in the States?
I liked her singing when she was sobber.

chrisy":ioyucbyu said:
while out shopping yesterday saw on the NEWS that Amy Winehouse had died of an overdose in her North London Flat.
Who?

:lol: never heard of her before now. If I have I didn't know I it....

I believe she had an eating disorder...too many pills and not enough food.

Before someone aims a flamethrower at me, I do feel for her friends and family. I do not, however, feel the music world has lost a great. She achieved a dream that tens of thousands of people aspire to achieve, and she squandered it with drugs.

I liked her music, and thought her voice was a powerhouse. But boy did she ever seem screwed up, so I can't say it's all that shocking, but sad nevertheless.

Maybe she should have gone to rehab instead of singing about it.

She had a beautiful voice ;her young life was so very tragic :(

chrisy":duepieyv said:

Yes, she was well known in the US. I have two daughters in the demographic that would be drawn to her type music and they were both very familiar with her music and career.

IGotMyWings":zd2gqllh said:
I do not, however, feel the music world has lost a great. She achieved a dream that tens of thousands of people aspire to achieve, and she squandered it with drugs.

Exactly. Make room for somebody else who deserves it.

some of you apparently have never known a good or talented person who had self destructive tendencies .

the shame is that so many could see this coming from a mile away but they were all too attached to her money to risk alienating her. even her parents.

pdfangus":2nipir9u said:
some of you apparently have never known a good or talented person who had self destructive tendencies .

the shame is that so many could see this coming from a mile away but they were all too attached to her money to risk alienating her. even her parents.
True Jim but you can't help someone that doesn't want help. :(

I agree TB....

but money changes all that....she is a classic example.

modern society puts a talented person who achieves some sucess, especially in part due to their outside the box behavior, on a pedestal and encourages more exotic behavior. doing stuff beyond the pale only generates more noteriety and more money.

the hangers on grasp at the money with no regard for the goose who is laying to golden eggs.

The I am important syndrome kicks in and the hangers on escelate and reinforce it.

Lady Gaga know how to play the game without the destructive behavior. Or hers has not been quite as destructive.

pdfangus":3nn949v7 said:

Actually Jim
I just buried a brother saturday that was the type of guy who NO Matter what he did he was great at it
He held more welding certifications than anyone I have ever worked with and could weld things back together and make them work that most would throw away
He was also a great hydraulic crane mechanic and excelled at that

Anything he wanted to do He could do Very well
but instead he chose to drink himself to death and alienate most anyone who ever cared for him all for alcohol
and In MY Opinion
when he died IN MY OPINION IT STILL LEFT MORE OXYGEN IN THIS WORLD THAT A PRODUCTIVE PERSON COULD USE
He died on his 58th birthday

pdfangus":3a2erpl7 said:
I agree TB....

but money changes all that....she is a classic example.

modern society puts a talented person who achieves some sucess, especially in part due to their outside the box behavior, on a pedestal and encourages more exotic behavior. doing stuff beyond the pale only generates more noteriety and more money.

the hangers on grasp at the money with no regard for the goose who is laying to golden eggs.

The I am important syndrome kicks in and the hangers on escelate and reinforce it.

Lady Gaga know how to play the game without the destructive behavior. Or hers has not been quite as destructive.
IF Lady GAGA is Talent where you come from then you must live in a very dull place
she would be nothing if she didn't put on the sideshow circus freak act
there is nothing talented about making yourslf up to be a complete lunatic
she does all the over the top BS just for attention and talent has nothing at all to do with it
Hearing her (sing) is about like listening to a cat slide down a chalk board with its claws dug in

Like George Strait said if people don't want to buy tickets to here me SING then I must not be very good and I am sure not gonna stand center stage in a circus and fireworks show just to sell tickets

Talent DOESN'T need an act true talent always shines

I rekon I'm just too simple to understand it all. Entertainers (including sports figures) must be the most unhappy, stupid, gullible and blind bunch of people in the world. Die young and have a beautiful corpse. :shock:

Hank Williams was dead at 29.
Talented but tragic is really as old as the human race.
Before she died I knew her name, but since I have listened to a couple of her songs on UTube. She really was good. Too bad. Move on.
Sorry about your brother, AC. A talented heir to a local dairy died recently at 60. He farmed, he built houses, he owned a tavern for a while and every time you saw him he looked worse. Dramatically worse. RIP.

Latest posts