Amish in Lancaster County PA

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
I am once again amazed by the plain people of Lancastar PA, we have been vacationing there since I was a baby. And now I am taking my kids there as well. The average person farms around 50 acres, with horses. No 100+ hp tractors, no a/c. Just the dirt and an occasional horse noise. I would encourage all farmers to visit this area of the country if time allows you, pm me if you want a good place to stay and some local contacts. I think everyone would be amazed at how they do the same things we do without the high priced inputs. Alfalfa galore, very limited herbicide use (normally corn only.) It's worth the trip!!

You know something my wife's Grandfather (died 2/05) lived in a little town called Scio, Ohio. and he had the same opinion of the Amish up there. But, I can tell you from a life of experience that that isn't how we have ever been treated, some are like cousins that we only see a couple of times of year, in Lancastar they ship Grade A milk, or at least the ones I know of do. I didn't mean to hit a raw nerve so I will drop the subject after this post, cert I apologize as I didn't mean to start a mess on here. There's enough childish games that go back and forth on this site already.

We have alot of the Old Order Amish nearby and they as a rule are a great bunch of people. I've had lots of dealings with them and have never been short changed on anything. I married a girl that was rasied Mennonite, we are now divorced but her family is a great bunch of folks as well. I agree that Lancaster, Pa is a beautiful place. I've visisted many Amish and Mennonite homes in that area and have always been very warmly welcomed and made to feel right at home.

Latest posts