American Brahman

Help Support CattleToday:

Lol, those dirt streaks are the skin secretions. She would be solid white if she had a bath.

I would have to look up the technical terms, Ron. Brahman are oily to the touch, like touching an engine with blown valve cover gaskets.

Gizmom we are getting daily rains. This is the first year my stock pond didn't go dry and we have a family of gators that moved in. You cannot find a raccoon around here this year.

We went for a drive up north last week and saw a big old brahman with a herd of black cows. He sure was a cool looking dude.

WORANCH":29c1gkqh said:
Not trying to hijack but the recipients are starting to calve

I really like your calves. Not trying to tend to your business but I thought Id mention this. Don't know if it's possible but if you're able to catch them when they're born or shortly after and put some Triodyne on those navels they won't swell like the one in the first pic. Usually doesn't cause a problem but I've noticed it's worse in my Brahman cross calves. Maybe someone smarter than me can tell you why, or you may already know. Either way, nice calves. Wish I could find more Brahman and BrahmanX heifers around here without having to pay 3 prices for the few available.

Caustic this might be the summer to start sniffing around for heifers. I've seen some nice ones for decent prices.

Nice calves, thanks for sharing WORanch

JWBrahman":1lmhrsen said:
Caustic this might be the summer to start sniffing around for heifers. I've seen some nice ones for decent prices.

Nice calves, thanks for sharing WORanch
I am with you liking the prices I have been seeing and I have enough hay set aside for about 15 more.
Gambling they will continue to decline into Sept. Now just have to run across the right ones getting unloaded at the barn

There is going to be a flood of heifers hitting the market in September and October. Word came down to get everything to 800lbs this year so people are holding em back on the good pasture.

Latest posts