Amazing set of calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Howdyjabo

Reaction score
I put in 240 low end 4 wt bulls 30-55 days ago.
They went on feed faster than any I have ever had- they were all(based on groups of 20 to 70 head) on full feed in less than a week.
I have only pulled five--- one was sick, one had foot rot, the other a slightly infected bag, two were failure to thrives(that I moved to a smaller group with open bunks and they went right to eating too).
They look GOOD.
I am eagerly looking forward to getting some weights on them . I may have to go to limit feeding them soon to keep them from getting too fat :) :) :)

I am re-vaccinating them(so far so good) and the weather is gonna change soon
so I am
knocking on every piece of wood I can find- so this streak of good luck keeps going- and I am slipping in some Thanks with my prayers.

I may just contract finish some of these , they ought to stay money makers after this good start.

And..............
I saw problems coming with fed supplies late this summer ( but not for the reasons that have now pushed everything so high) so I stockpiled enough feed to carry me thru the winter.
I am feeling REAL GOOD right now.
And its needed, I did good last year but the preceding 4 years were rough.

Blacks with a few White faces

Getting them off the sales I have no idea what they are. There are so many breeds that throw black now, but I would guess most if not all were mostly Angus.

Latest posts