Always seems to happen.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
It always seems that equipment always breaks down in the winter time during the worst weather. Had the grinder mixer out Saturday before the weather hit, trying to fill the creep feeder when the chain driving the mixer tank, and auger broke the master link and half link. Of course it was dark, and after 5, so couldn't get it fixed right then. Well then it got down to -8, and would of froze a couple fingers trying to fix it. But at least it's up to freezing now, but sure not as nice as working on it when it's 50.
Reminds me of last year when I was replacing the drive on the auger, on same grinder, and it was 25 the day I took it off, and then it warmed up back to 40, but when I was putting it back on it was 25 again. :banana: I guess in retrospect, in the summer time equipment only break down in good weather just before a rain. :nod:
I think I need a new grinder mixer. This old Owatonna has had a rough life, and needs all the bearings redone, and the sprockets on about every drive replaced.
About how much does one of those new Art's 100 bushel grinder, with scales, run for?

I have heard new ones are around $40000 but not sure. I know how u feel I have a 357 new holland and it needs work done on it to. It needs one new gear on it that runs the loading auger and it cost 350$. Parts are really high for them. It's hard to find a good used one sitting around

Latest posts