Alpacas

Help Support CattleToday:

My neighbor bought 3 last week. I asked him what they taste like and he just stared at me.

alpacas are just a flash in the pan.unless you can use the fiber they produce.i had a friend get into emus,he had over 100 at 1 time.had the big incubators an the hatchers.he went whole hog on the deal.was spending alot of money on feed every month.then after a year or so he got smart an got out of them.had a cosin get in the ostriches years ago,an he made some money selling them an the eggs.people would pay $20 for an empy egg to use it in crafts.

but i have to say, i have no experience whatsoever in Emus or Alpacas, but by the way i researched them and how they look and act from what i read, they're prolly much like herding horses. pretty shy and humble creatures, they're not territorial, and always, as a rule, separate the males from the females. you'll get your money back in time.

jsmorrison55":22ugcek5 said:
but i have to say, i have no experience whatsoever in Emus or Alpacas, but by the way i researched them and how they look and act from what i read, they're prolly much like herding horses. pretty shy and humble creatures, they're not territorial, and always, as a rule, separate the males from the females. you'll get your money back in time.

Seeing you're in Vegas I'd expect that. :mrgreen:

i do know this for sure as ive watched my buddy handle his emus,they will bite an kick the crapp out of you.have to make sure they cant kick you,because if hitt right you could end up with a busted leg.

dun":3p8zx0s4 said:
hrstrader":3p8zx0s4 said:
Nice females are still worth up to $300.
Worth or what someone can be suckered into paying?

I am thinking I should have bought those at the Cleburne auction a year or so ago. They went for less than $50. From what I hear they are used for predator protection. Yotes don't mess with cows around here. I see apalcas in sheep and goat herds around the counties. Maybe there's something to this?

from everything i know an heard about them they will keep vermitts out of your pastures.

bigbull338":35ihyo6t said:
from everything i know an heard about them they will keep vermitts out of your pastures.
I don;t know about alpacas, around here they're babied. Supposedly llamas will but a friend of mine had aone kil a couple of calves before I saw it and discouraged it from that passtime.