Almost killed someone today

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

So we're driving east on 40 from Ocala this evening. 16ft gooseneck stock trailer with a good sized heifer in it, doin about 65. Suddenly this el Camino pulls out in front of all 14k lbs I'm in control of. I slam the breaks on and she keeps in front me and I just know I'm gonna hit her at about 50mph. I start steering over into the suicide lane to avoid her and she moves further in front of me. I end up in oncoming lane. An oncoming SUV sees this all happening and gets over just in time for me to squeeze through the gap but I was still waiting for the impact from the right. At this point I was down to maybe 45. I don't know how but I missed her. This whole thing took all of 2 seconds. Once past her (she is swerving all over and doing maybe 20 mph) I look back an she's now swerving in the shoulder. I pull over, let her past, and as she goes by she has this blank look like she doesn't even see anything. I lay on the throttle to catch up, get the plate and as she turns on a side street I get the street name. Called it in to 911. Someone sure was watching over is today. I haven't ever had such a close call but she would have been mush had I hit her. I kept waiting for the trailer to roll or jack knife, an impact...anything. It's almost like it was an impossibility that I missed her. I still don't know how

How's the heifer?? Bet she wants a new home. Glad y'all made it, did you have a change of clothes with you.

She's no worse for wear it appears. She walked off the trailer just as calm as could be. Either that or she was as stunned as I was

hook something like that happened to a friend of mine as he was just pulling out on to the road.a motorcycle whizzed right in front of him.so he stomped on the dually an pulled even motions for them to pull over in the sale barn parking lot.an they did an he jumped out of the trucked an pulled them nicely off the bike.an just as he was fixing to kick them all over the parking lot.they took the helmont off an it was a chick.he told she better not ever pull out in front of a truck pulling a trailer again.

I'll bet the road she pulled out from was only 150 ft from where I was at the time. I really had to rip the wheel over. I truly don't think she even saw me because she had to have been drunk.

sim.-ang.king":m4aji8yo said:
Good thing you didn't hit her because for some strange mixed up reason it would of been all your fault.

Yeah. Funny how that works.

Girl was probably texting or wondering why she lost her Wifi connection.

Yeah scares the daylights out of you when something like that happens.

Had something similar happen to hubby and myself years ago. We had a car pass us and if we had not taken the shoulder on our side and the 18 wheeler coming at us had not taken his shoulder of the road I am pretty sure that driver would have been dead. Turned them in but doubt they did anything.

Latest posts