Almost Heaven

Help Support CattleToday:

I was actually sitting in my box stand watching six does when I came across it.
If you zoom in there are three under the feeder at 135 yards.
I see them!
We had a few does in our front hay field this morning. Pawing through the snow to eat some grass. It is a tiny field, only abut 8 acres and hooks right on to the barnyard and every Spring they show up with fawns at side.
My wife does not allow "barn yard" hunting so the bucks that show up are safe there as well. They even drink out of the cow trough when it gets dry.
The neighbors got two nice bucks in the back of the farm and gave my 90 year old Dad a bunch of the meat because he cannot hunt any more but loves the taste of venison.
All the best,
Bez

Thanks CB.... great compilation.
I am after one this evening again.
We haven't had Sunday evening service since Covid, we have two morning services one drive in and one walk in.
This is the last day of regular season here and I am hunting one for a couple in there 80's.
They rip and tear like they are in their 50's, both got Covid that was nothing to them but cold like symptoms and 14 day quarantine.
While launching his boat at the lake she fell on the ramp and broke her arm. She is from a time that not all women drove, he won't leave her so he missed season.
If I don't get one today tomorrow starts muzzle loaders and everything is legal again.

Mel is playing this evening.

Too bad you aen't closer. My son has been begging the one guy that is approved to hunt on one of the places we lease to get out there and get some of the deer that are eating the cover crop wheat as fast as it is coming up . Need to get some of these does knocked down to a manageable number. There are 10-25 almost everynight out there just chomping down. Hit one again this past Nov, didn't do too much to the truck but broke it's neck. One got hit just down the road from the house the other day, into my son's field and the buzzards have picked it clean. I don't hate deer and we go out of our way in the spring to try to not hit or kill any when cutting first cutting hay.... but we need to thin the numbers here.

Latest posts