Almost Ark Time

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score

Heres the Milk River Bridge on my road to town...Already flooding out in the trees on the one side... Weather folks are predicting the river to be 3 feet over flood stage by morning- which will be close to going over our road..

Heres a picture I stole off FB taken by the Highway Dept.. The reason the Highways are closed in several places in central MT. This is water across the road on US 191 south of Malta (north of Bohemian Corners) on the road toward Billings....

We are about to build arks here again- as we have picked up 1.6" of rain today- which on top of the 3" we received last week gives us 4.6" ... May not sound like much- but in an area that averages 11.5 inches of moisture a year- and survives some years on 9 or 10- this is a lot of moisture.. We are almost 5" over the average for this time of the year... And its still raining...

We should have expected this- with all the fog we had this winter...The old 90 days past a fog is coming true again...

Definitely is making everything green and producing some beautiful grass on the prairies... The negative is it is washing out some roads and the standing water is drowning out some fields.....I still haven't gotten my AI heifers hauled out to pasture- or my bulls out with the cows- but there is no big hurry.... I usually don't go out with bulls until the 6th to the 10th- and if I'm later than that because of the flooding I may be thankful next spring if we have another witch of a spring...

More Pictures:
http://www.krtv.com/news/flooding-conti ... tyPhoto/0/

Hard to believe that anyone west of the Mississippi would ever bych about too much rain!

Southern Colorado is so dry the bugs have left!

3waycross":1pjf5jtb said:
Hard to believe that anyone west of the Mississippi would ever bych about too much rain!

Here I thought I was bragging too much about having double the amount of moisture as normal (especially with some still in a drought)-- and you take it as "bitchin".... :roll:

Oldtimer":1wwaf61u said:
3waycross":1wwaf61u said:

Here I thought I was bragging too much about having double the amount of moisture as normal (especially with some still in a drought)-- and you take it as "bitchin".... :roll:

Geez I am sure sorry.

BTW what kind of man brags about having too much water to drink when his friends across the road are dying of thirst.

I guess if you had started out with Thank God we are finally wet it wouldn't have sounded so bad either way!

3waycross":3ngy5ugu said:

3way, you haven't been paying attention. I complain about too much rain regularly. And I am so far west of the Mississippi that I am darn near into the Pacific Ocean. I am so tired of rain that when I retire I plan to move to a desert. That is in 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 1 day but who is counting.

3waycross":3atep2y4 said:
Geez I am sure sorry.

BTW what kind of man brags about having too much water to drink when his friends across the road are dying of thirst.

I guess if you had started out with Thank God we are finally wet it wouldn't have sounded so bad either way!

Just consider the source 3way and you'd not expect anything better out of him.

TexasBred":2ief6y8j said:
3waycross":2ief6y8j said:
Geez I am sure sorry.

ive read his post a couple times,, what am i missing??

ALACOWMAN":35x2cnab said:
TexasBred":35x2cnab said:
3waycross":35x2cnab said:
Geez I am sure sorry.

ive read his post a couple times,, what am i missing??

Its just the human nature of the day anymore - the majority ( I hope) still look for the positive in a conversation/post and interpret it that way- but some always look for the negative ...

john250":2tf8od7w said:
Don't forget to load the doves. You'll need to send one out every couple days to check for dry land.

:nod: :lol2: It has quit raining here today- with the rain moving to the folks living in the Dakotas and Midwest...

The youngest daughter lives southwest of OT a ways. Last year when they were having record flooding on the Musselshell and raining most every day, people were worried not being use to such things. She wasn't worried at all, said it was just like being at home in December or January.

It is what you are use to.

Dave":24zps05q said:
3waycross":24zps05q said:

3way, you haven't been paying attention. I complain about too much rain regularly. And I am so far west of the Mississippi that I am darn near into the Pacific Ocean. I am so tired of rain that when I retire I plan to move to a desert. That is in 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks and 1 day but who is counting.

Well OK yer the goof who moved to a rain forrest. I guess you get a pass

We got over 5" and some friends outside of Geraldine got over 7" out of these storms.

Grass is going good and crops are looking great. Got some roads around here damaged. At least the road that washed out from a collapsing pipe is holding up good. That over flow pipe was running last night.

3waycross":x1qbjo6s said:
Dave":x1qbjo6s said:
3waycross":x1qbjo6s said:

Well OK yer the goof who moved to a rain forrest. I guess you get a pass

I didn't move here, I was born here. To date all attempts to leave have failed miserably but I haven't given up.

Latest posts