000_0418.jpg

000_0417.jpg

[/img]
000_0416.jpg

000_0412.jpg

a nice pair
[/img]
100_0091.jpg

They look good. I think that's a fine looking Bull & some of the nicest calves I've seen posted.

Fitz

fitz":1z7of1zm said:
They look good. I think that's a fine looking Bull & some of the nicest calves I've seen posted.

Fitz

Not much more to say than that. Nice animals.

cfpinz

nice. is that a roan looking calf in the bottom of the first picture?

That looks like a nice, tidy udder on that cow in the "pair"
photo. We have 2 remaining purebred angus cows; one
is 12 yrs old and the other is her daughter at 10 yrs.
It has appeared to me that their udder deteriorates with
age; teats get too big. Others have that problem with
their "elderly" cows?

Beefy":mv0qz17r said:
nice. is that a roan looking calf in the bottom of the first picture?

yes, it is a rito 2x15 (expectation son) AI heifer calf. Here is pic of her but she looks much better in person- just a poor pic, she is much thicker than she appears here. She is 1/32 shorthorn- that roan sure carries through. the rest is simmental and angus.

100_0088.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for all the compliments, we are very happy with the calves- in a couple years we will see how his daughters are.

mnmtranching":27j9zszc said:
Nice looking cattle. Are getting some rain this year? :shock: 8)

yes, the grass in NICE this year- although after this wind gets done howling tonight everything will be thoroughly dried out. we missed out on the rain the last couple days so we could use some as our pastures are pretty sandy. Of course this always comes into conflict with our wishes for haymaking weather 8)

This is a fine son of 6595! His calves display that full deep hindquarter that is so necessary in today's cattle - particularly our Angus cattle. You have a great looking herd, and VERY consistent calves! Congratulations!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts