All this RAIN/SNOW

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I took advantage of all this rain & snow and put it to good use I put some posts in the ground and with the ground so saturated my single man auger made light work of the holes then the added bonus was when I put the concrete in the holes water came in to the hole and I didn't have to put water on it. So if yall got some rain and snow and the ground has thawed its a good time to do any fencing you need to do.

Looks good. Over here where I am, we still have at least 6 inches on the ground. Some bare spots but those are thawed on top and frozen underneath so its slippery.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":10g8wa33 said:
Looks good. Over here where I am, we still have at least 6 inches on the ground. Some bare spots but those are thawed on top and frozen underneath so its slippery.

Katherine

Thanks..Pretty nasty here ground I have never spun a tire on ever I had to stick truck in 4 wheel drive. We had 9 inches of snow then got around 1.5 inches of rain that took care of all the snow except in the shady spots. I heard on the news we may be getting rain this week with a possibility of snow as well.

We havew a forecast of snow/sleet/freezing rain for tomorrow night. But the temps are supposed to get a bit warmer by Wed.

Nice straight line of posts. I like that. A string makes for a really smart looking fence.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":3q28i873 said:
We havew a forecast of snow/sleet/freezing rain for tomorrow night. But the temps are supposed to get a bit warmer by Wed.

Nice straight line of posts. I like that. A string makes for a really smart looking fence.

Katherine

Thanks yea a string will help you but those 4x4's have bowed some and twisted I bought them last year some are off the string as much as a inch but I am putting boards on those other wise I would just use regular round posts. I have decided to change my fencing techniques on using wood posts and instead of using wood posts on all the fencing I will start using wood corner posts with t posts in the middle of barbed wire or woven wire unless I buy a post driver.