All-clad

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Anyone on here have it? I'm looking to replace a saute pan and I found what i like but the price is a bit high (even at 40-45% off msrp). If you have it or know someone that does, is it worth the price?

FarmGirl10":1384rpvd said:
Anyone on here have it? I'm looking to replace a saute pan and I found what i like but the price is a bit high (even at 40-45% off msrp). If you have it or know someone that does, is it worth the price?

We have a set of All Clad D5 which is stainless on the inside and outside with a total of 5 different layers of metals each to serve a different purpose. This is about the only all stainless steel cookware that will work on our induction electric stove. Wife wants to stay away from any aluminum.

As an engineer I love the way the All Clad is made. They do have different types of construction, just speaking of the one we have. Definitely a lifetime purchase. Well made. Made in the USA (Pennsylvania) which is worth something to us. Almost all of this type product is imported these days.

From a practical standpoint I like the way their newer lid handles are made with a flat top. does not get hot like some others also can sit the lid on the counter upside down. Most of the pots have two handles to help lift... Large rivets. The layers seem to make it more difficult to scorch something but that may also be related to the induction stove.

I'm not a cooking or pots expert but really like the All Clad D5 set we have, should last a lifetime or two... fwiw.

Good luck.

Jim

Thank you! That was the set I was looking at. :) Going to wait to buy a whole new set when my others need replaced. So much cheaper to buy the set than just the one piece that needs replaced.

Don't know if it's classified as "all-clad" but we've had a set of Saladmaster for ages it seems and you just can't beat it in my opinion. Pretty pricey now I understnad but back when we got it seems we paid about $600 or so for the entire set.

Latest posts