Alabama folks, I got a ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Right now I'm taking my calves to Arab , Ft Payne use to have a strong sale but doesn't have as many buyers as they use to. The best for a little ear probably would be the markets down south .

the sale at savannah tn and florence al are run by harry floyd livestock.florence is my preferred sale. i have stock in russelville. cullman is a nice sale maybe a little larger than florence but too far for me to go.if your calves are thick i think you would be happy if you carried them too florence.

Next week is getting full with activities, looks like I'll get up early next Thursday, and hit the Cullman sale. I appreciate the input.

RanchMan90":3cbf38it said:
Bigfoot":3cbf38it said:
Proof I made it:
How did it work out?

Things are different here, not in a bad way, just different. Trailer is full though. Enjoyable day. Nashville traffic coulda suck started a Harley Davidson this morning about daylight.

Bigfoot":2dz17yor said:
RanchMan90":2dz17yor said:
Bigfoot":2dz17yor said:
Proof I made it:
How did it work out?

Things are different here, not in a bad way, just different. Trailer is full though. Enjoyable day. Nashville traffic coulda suck started a Harley Davidson this morning about daylight.

How did your steers sale?

Sold them in Paducah Tuesday rather then haul em all the way to Cullman.

A.J.":33g6qwkp said:
That looks like a really nice sale. Did they have quite a few eared cattle?

Ear was present on almost every cull cow, back to farm cow, and bull. Not many calves with it. I thought that was strange.

The sale was good, and the owners and help were as nice a bunch as you'd ever meet.

Everybody said the storm front that moved through had numbers way down. I plan on going back in mid May. I liked it.

Craig Miller":3gi01yx9 said:
I have never been there but several buddies swear by it. About an hour and a half from me.

Owner and auctioneer were both nice guys. Found me after the sale, and shook hands. Took almost exactly 3 hours from here. I'd go more often it wasn't for driving through Nashville. White knuckled the whole way, and a half dozen close calls.

Bigfoot":1xfljzrf said:
Not many of yaw on here, so this may be a long shot. I've got a gooseneck load of steers, with a sprinkling of heifers to haul off. I'd like to take them down your way. I've got a few yards picked out. I obviously know nothing about them. I have checked the miles to them, and their weekly sales reports. If these yards have 1000 head runs, what percentage of the feeder calves will have some ear (25% or less Brahman), and how bad is the discount?
I can hit the following pretty easy from my house:
1000 head reports
Arab
Florence
Cullman
500 head reports
Decatur
Russellville
I just ran across this post, so sorry it's late to the party. I sell my calves in the Tennessee Beef Alliance with the Tennessee Livestock Producers. They have 4 sales a year now Aug. Oct. Dec. and April. We haul the calves to Columbia and Cookeville Tn. and they grade and sort them into truck load lots. If you live in south Kentucky(that's not as far as Alabama)and are interested, I can give you some contact numbers to call or I can try to answer any questions you might have.

Latest posts