Air coupling parts?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kell-inKY

Reaction score
I have used air tools for decades, all my old stuff does not leak. Seems like anything new I buy, whether male or female, leaks like a sieve. Is there anywhere I can get something that works? I'm getting fed up with this cheap overseas crap.

Kell-inKY":2cyglqxr said:
I have used air tools for decades, all my old stuff does not leak. Seems like anything new I buy, whether male or female, leaks like a sieve. Is there anywhere I can get something that works? I'm getting fed up with this cheap overseas crap.

What grinds my gears is the air chucks that clip on never last long for me or under pressure always pop off

M-5":1e1h35me said:
all you need is Teflon tape or pipe dope. are you expecting it to be sealed by bare threads???
No, the threads are not what's leaking. It's the connection between male and female couplers/fittings when you attach tools.

Kell-inKY":17548b42 said:
M-5":17548b42 said:
all you need is Teflon tape or pipe dope. are you expecting it to be sealed by bare threads???
No, the threads are not what's leaking. It's the connection between male and female couplers/fittings when you attach tools.

believe it or not I have had really good luck with the HF ones, I have some good ones from the autoparts stores too.

Not a big fan of HF, but they can't be any worse than the current ones from Lowe's and wherever else I was trying, Sears craftsman maybe? I'm not talking about a small leak here, they are really losing some air, pitiful.

thanks, I'll try them, it's not rocket science, my really old ones still work great? probably a length issue caused by poor tolerances.

I have had good luck out of HF air stuff as well except the air chucks but the male female stuff never had any leakage problems

My HF couplers always start leaking after a couple weeks. Their male plugs are fine though.

Milton V high flow couplers are pretty good, and really wake up your die grinders and impacts.

I found the "multi style" couplers leak a lot less, they have a completely different sealing system.. .They are a little bit harder to connect and disconnect, but they work well.. I have HF ones in brass and plastic, they both work well.

Nothing drives me bananas more than leaky air lines!.. something about that hiss just gets to me

Kell-inKY":3kggcaj3 said:
Not a big fan of HF, but they can't be any worse than the current ones from Lowe's and wherever else I was trying, Sears craftsman maybe? I'm not talking about a small leak here, they are really losing some air, pitiful.

thanks, I'll try them, it's not rocket science, my really old ones still work great? probably a length issue caused by poor tolerances.

Make sure the ends are compatible with each other. Change both the female and male ends at the same time and see if that helps.

Latest posts