Air Compressor

Help Support CattleToday:

Bamadan

Reaction score
I am in need of a new shop air compressor, been looking around for a while. What are your thoughts. Any thoughts on Harbor Freight's compressors? Or any brand, want a good compressor at a reasonable price. Thanks

M-5":1uj0kkjr said:
I have a 60 gal Ingersoll Rand and a 80gal IR both are 5 or 6 yrz old. Both run air tools all the time. I use both to sand and paint also. Tractor supply
X2

The big two stage at Harbor Freight is a Bel Air unit without the bells and whistles. They're quite good, from what I hear. There's a couple different variations though, and I think one isn't actually a two stage.

Atimm693":eh762dal said:
The big two stage at Harbor Freight is a Bel Air unit without the bells and whistles. They're quite good, from what I hear. There's a couple different variations though, and I think one isn't actually a two stage.
I recently bought one of the Harbor Freight ones. I considered a Quincy but for the amount of use I went with the HF. The pressure switch was bad on mine, would not turn off before popping the relief valve. Called the toll free support number and they next day shipped one. The switch came from Atlas Copco. Friend has had one for 5 or ore years with good luck. A lot depends on the amount of the use.

I have an Ingersoll Rand 2hp 30gal we bought at a richie brothers auction 25 years ago, it has never skipped a beat... it's a little overworked when doing autobody sanding, etc, and it has been cooking hot, but hasn't suffered from it..
I really ought to change the oil one of these years

tom4018":s2scr6s6 said:
Atimm693":s2scr6s6 said:
I recently bought one of the Harbor Freight ones. I considered a Quincy but for the amount of use I went with the HF. The pressure switch was bad on mine, would not turn off before popping the relief valve. Called the toll free support number and they next day shipped one. The switch came from Atlas Copco. Friend has had one for 5 or ore years with good luck. A lot depends on the amount of the use.
Atlas owns Quincy now..

Latest posts