AI cost?

Help Support CattleToday:

brihop

Reaction score
In the southeast (FL specifically), what do you think the "going rate" is for AI (per cow) when the total # of cows is 7-10 head? ...The whole run (synch, etc)

The farm call here is 75. Plus 25 I think it was per head to AI. Syncing is 2 -3 runs through the chute. So that would add up real quick. Your best bet is to learn. Or at least learn the sync protocols. There's a AI course at the Deseret again this year. Put on by UF. Well worth it. Let me know if you want the details

probably I'd buy the semen, b/c it would be beefmaster, which is not carried by most of the big companies.

Yeah, would like the info... the course I saw was pretty dern pricey, believe it was done through ABS and was offered in Okeechobee. Too bad its not as easy as AIing pigs! gimme a straw and a pouch and I can make a shyt ton of piglets! I'd probably hire the service out though (even if I knew how) since I'm so far away from the cows.

I pay 58 bucks a head, that includes 20 dollar semen. Price goes up or down based on actual semen price. The AI tech charges 50 cent a mile both ways for trip. I think it is a fair price, all I have to do is pick out semen and have the cows in the pen when im supposed to. He supplies everything from shots to cidrs to the patches and blood sampling supplies.

@ LRTX1: Sounds fair. Questions... Where is the tech coming from? Do you have a lot of cows? Are they usually making 2 trips to get the cows settled (1 for cidrs and one for AIing)? Can you PM me their name/#? Thanks!

brihop":2oht7z2e said:
@ LRTX1: Sounds fair. Questions... Where is the tech coming from? Do you have a lot of cows? Are they usually making 2 trips to get the cows settled (1 for cidrs and one for AIing)? Can you PM me their name/#? Thanks!

PM sent

Latest posts