Ah, Spring is in the air...............

Help Support CattleToday:

dun,

Spring is in the air here in Middle Tennessee, too, and it showed itself strong this today while I was working on fence repair in one of my pastures.

When I got home and showered this evening, I discovered two imbedded ticks in my back. Ugh! I hate winter but I think that I hate ticks and chiggers even worse.

Tom in TN

Started to warm up over here to. The Daffs have started to show their heads, and the birds have started to build nests, this is one of my favourite times of the year. So glad we don't have anything like skunks, and the chiggers you have. :nod:

chrisy":6z1hwi8s said:
Started to warm up over here to. The Daffs have started to show their heads, and the birds have started to build nests, this is one of my favourite times of the year. So glad we don't have anything like skunks, and the chiggers you have. :nod:
We're running a month early with the daffodils, they're already starting to bloom

Don't forget to take photo's for the Spring photo contest!!!

wbvs58":216i2uom said:
Autumn is in the air here, although the temperate grasses like rye and cocksfoot haven't stopped growing all summer.
Ken
It's getting decidedly chilly here in the early mornings, quite invigorating really :D

IMG_8186.jpg

This is a picture of my Dad putting a fungicide onto his winter wheat. The crop is about a month ahead of where it should be. But it is also very dry so that may be a good thing, his yield was down 30% last year, due to the drought in Eastern England.

nearly 80 here yesterday... thought we were gonna have another spooky night...first year in my life ive actually dreaded spring approaching ,, for the storms.. they are saying its gonna be worse than last year...

dun":1p4v12t2 said:
chrisy":1p4v12t2 said:
We're running a month early with the daffodils, they're already starting to bloom

Robins showed up a couple of weeks ago, the first sign of spring coming and I noticed the daffs are about 3 inches tall they should bloom in a week or two. We were in the mid 40's yesterday and it only rained about half the day. A few years back we had a March that spent most of it's month in the 70's, sure could use one of those March's this year.

Alan

It's been unusually warm all year here . We only had about 4 frosty mornings . It was 84 yesterday . Back down to 60 today . The hay fields are greening up and clover is blooming . Maybe we will all have a good year .

Snowing here today, 10 above this a.m.

6-10 inches of snow with 30 mph winds for Sunday, low temps of -12 Monday a.m.

Cows are calving...gonna be a fun one.

We got 4" of wet snow and probably 1/2" of rain yestterday and last night, It is 36 degrees now and sun is shining. The snow is settling we sure can use the moisture. The ground is not frozen so it all is soaking in.

At 9 this morning it was 75 now its 50. Tomorrow is suppose to be 60 then 65 Sunday and in the 70s next week with rain forecast all week.

We normally put out fertilizer in mid April for the summer grass, thinking about doing it mid March.
The normal last frost here is about 10 March. What do you think?

lynnmcmahan":1b9psaez said:
We normally put out fertilizer in mid April for the summer grass, thinking about doing it mid March.
The normal last frost here is about 10 March. What do you think?
If it's like it is here you will still get a frost around the usual date. May be 70's the day before and after though

I worked up the arena yesterday for the kids to rope today. To the best of my recolection, I have never worked ground here in February.

Latest posts