Aggressive breeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have a bunch of one and done cows. They will be going to two separate pastures next week. I only had one bull and I like to breed them as it settles them down and the gain weight better. So I bought a cow freshener bull at the sale. He is a long yearling, black, built pretty long. Not a great bull but not bad either. I have certainly seen worse that people were breeding their cows to. For less than $1,000 he will work for what I need. His only down side is how aggressive he is about breeding. I swear the dog isn't safe. The chickens either. I wouldn't bend over out in the field.

ez14.

Reaction score
Dave":2vc6oc4x said:
I have a bunch of one and done cows. They will be going to two separate pastures next week. I only had one bull and I like to breed them as it settles them down and the gain weight better. So I bought a cow freshener bull at the sale. He is a long yearling, black, built pretty long. Not a great bull but not bad either. I have certainly seen worse that people were breeding their cows to. For less than $1,000 he will work for what I need. His only down side is how aggressive he is about breeding. I swear the dog isn't safe. The chickens either. I wouldn't bend over out in the field.
:lol: sounds like he knows his job

OP
D

Dave

Reaction score
ez14.":7kwzajdu said:
Dave":7kwzajdu said:

He is so excited about getting this job I am afraid he may injure one of the cows.

ez14.

Reaction score
Dave":3umi6aij said:
ez14.":3umi6aij said:
Dave":3umi6aij said:

He is so excited about getting this job I am afraid he may injure one of the cows.
guess you'll have to keep an eye on him! hope things turn out alright for you

dun

Reaction score
Those yearlings usually settle down, usually. Some never do just like some bulls put all their weight on a cow when they breed and others carry their weight more on their own hind legs. Much like a gentleman carries his weight on his elbows.