agco allis

Help Support CattleToday:

dansangus

Reaction score
I have two Allis Chalmers tractors that I have used for years. I have noticed a few Agco Allis tractors selling for very reasonable prices. My question,is the Agco Allis the same quality as the Allis Chalmers? Not sure what company bought the Allis name. Thanks Dan

The newer Agco stuff past ~1985 isn't like the old AC stuff. Most of the tractors were built by others like SAME or White and rebadged Agco. Some models are better than others, some are terrible. Many of them have air cooled Deutz motors in them. If your interested in a specific model do some research and make sure parts and service are available.

We have an Agco Allis 8610 MFWD with a loader on it. Bought it with a bad engine, and did a complete rebuild. It has been a really good tractor for us. We do try to take it pretty easy on our equipment, so if you put someone in it that was rough on it, you may have issues. Parts from AGCO are $$$$$. I have a Deutz dealer that I go through to get parts direct from SAME, and that does save some. Parts availability and cost on any brand have gone through the roof, so I don't think it's just one brand or the other. These tractors won't have the resale value of IH or Deere of MF, but if you're looking for one to use, they are affordable.

Latest posts