Ag Extension field day

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Is anybody going to this one? Does anybody go to any of them? I went to one last year. They had lots of good info. I will probably be at this one.

Looks like a good program. A little too far from East Texas, although the topics would be applicable to this area. I am fortunate to live in an area where our Extension agents put on some great multi-county programs.

Craig Miller":2h9nkz29 said:
It would be a little bit of a drive. Have you ever gone to the ones near you?
Craig, the answer to your question is yes I go to one in my county and surrounding counties if the topics are something I am interested in. I also attend the TAMU Beef Short Course at College Station, TX in early August every year which I highly recommend.

Auburn did a test with some calves given creep feed and some not. They LOST money on these calves that were creep fed. I'm not talking about a little bit either. I can't find where I wrote it down but it was something like $85 per head lost. Has anyone done a similar test and have numbers to show proof of money gained or lost on creep feed? I figure most have just took for granted that creep feed makes money. They took the same calves that were not creep fed and fed them for two months with the same feed starting at weaning. Took them to a precondition sale and made more money on them even though they sold in November after prices started falling. What's yall take?

Latest posts