Ag Demonstration

Help Support CattleToday:

customcattle

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody out there would have an idea for a group of high school boys to demonstrate in a speaking event. They are to demonstrate something agricultural. There are a lot of groups who do fencing demo's. My group are all pretty mechanically inclined. The demo can only be 10-12 minutes long. Any ideas help. Thanks

customcattle":2ci4o0ef said:
I'm wondering if anybody out there would have an idea for a group of high school boys to demonstrate in a speaking event. They are to demonstrate something agricultural. There are a lot of groups who do fencing demo's. My group are all pretty mechanically inclined. The demo can only be 10-12 minutes long. Any ideas help. Thanks

The fencing demos are great. We had one at our cost share extravaganza. The guy demonstrated how to put in a corner brace.

Another idea that comes to mind that we have used is a clipping demo for the kids that participate in our heifer program. Lots of the 4H attendees show their heifers at the fair.

My daughter in law is an Ag teacher at a smaller rural school district. She has a FFA group that goes to various contests doing demos or speeches about something ag related. They're doing a chainsaw tune up how to now. Things like differences in 2cycle vs 4cycle engines, gapping spark plugs and why that's important, basic carb tuning, chain sharpening, etc. They can't actually run the saw for safety reasons (we have to nerf the world for the morons), so it's just point and explain the concepts.

They did a hydraulic cylinder rebuild and similar functional explanation last year.

Judging from the couple of videos I've seen, it seems how well written your explanation is, and how well it's delivered, count more than subject matter.

Latest posts