AFGHANISTAN

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos D.

Reaction score
Hear things arent going so good in afghanistan or Iraq In afghanistan the areas that they fought and cleaned the telaband out of are moving back in behind them again .The Canadian and US generals are asking for more help from nato countries -some of which dont allow their troops to fight at night-Man I hate to see young men come home draped in the flag and not to have every possible back up they can have I know a warrant officer who just came back from afghanistan after 19 years in the military hes getting out said the polotics in afghanistan made him puke.

carl

I got a phone call from my oldest this morning just before I left home. It was the first since he arrived in Iraq last week and I can't tell you what a relief it was. I thought I understood how hard it must be for parents to watch the news and hear about today's casualties, but I was wrong. Each new one announced you worry about who it is until you hear from them. It's going to be a long year.

I'm starting to see the same things happening that happened in Nam. Washington can't keep it's nose out of it and let the Generals do their job.Z

Hasbeen":2z9ykbip said:
I got a phone call from my oldest this morning just before I left home. It was the first since he arrived in Iraq last week and I can't tell you what a relief it was. I thought I understood how hard it must be for parents to watch the news and hear about today's casualties, but I was wrong. Each new one announced you worry about who it is until you hear from them. It's going to be a long year.

We'll keep you're son, as well as all the service men and women in our prayers.

Hasbeen":166vu7yh said:

I simply cannot imagine....this has got to be pure torture...my heart's with you.

Gale Seddon":1xcn1h5y said:
Hasbeen":1xcn1h5y said:

I simply cannot imagine....this has got to be pure torture...my heart's with you.

I will second this! I get butterfly's at times wondering what my 16 year might be up to on a Saturday night. Can not even pretend to imagine the torture it must be wondering ever day what is going on with a son in harms way.

aplusmnt":35uvru0c said:
Gale Seddon":35uvru0c said:
Hasbeen":35uvru0c said:

I will second this! I get butterfly's at times wondering what my 16 year might be up to on a Saturday night. Can not even pretend to imagine the torture it must be wondering ever day what is going on with a son in harms way.

Yep. I am all for tripling their salary and paying full tuition for college when they get out. That is a tax increase I would eagerly endorse. (Crowder you listening?) Those boys (and girls) are held in a very high regard from this end.

aplusmnt":16crdvqd said:

Good analogy. If you've ever stood at the window on a snowy night watching for headlights when your teenager is 15 minutes late getting home then you have an idea of what it's like. Although he is not allowed to say what his mission is, he has hinted that it's support rather than combat. Whether this is true or just an effort to ease my mind I'm not sure and I doubt there is any truly safe place in Iraq. I do appreciate everyone's concern and support.

I'm a retired Senior Chief from the Navy and spent the better part of my career over in that theatre of operations.

Was part of both gulf wars and the war in Afghanistan, lost friends on the USS Cole, walked through Kobar Towars before it was bombed, and spent almost 10 years in support of operations in Iraq patrolling the no fly zones while Saddam and friends repeatedly shot weapons he wasn't supposed to have at us.

Nothing boils my blood more than to come home and watch the evening news with all the "experts" declaring this and that for no other purpose than to increase their political standing.

Where are the stories about our sucesses over there?

Our successes outweigh our failures 100 to 1.

Media coverage is so biased and gives such an unbalanced and inaccurate picture of what's really happening over there it's not even funny.

Our troops are being forced to fight with 2 hands and one leg tied behind their back because of the political fighting back here.

Not trying to tell anyone who to vote for or how to voice their opinion but if your concern is the safety of our troops then you need to support the leaders that will supply our troops with the tools needed to do the job.
We're not allowed to shoot first without being labeled as "cold-blooded" killers and when we don't shoot first we take casualties which are then plastered all over the evening news as evidence we are losing.

Pulling out is not an option, it simply isn't. We would leave behind such a HUGE mess that it will fester and grow and ultimately cost us far more in the long run.

Support our troops by supporting the leaders who will get the job done.
Our troops need to be allowed to take off the boxing gloves cause the otherside doesn't fight fair.

It's an ugly business, it's war. Political fighting back home only prolongs it.

Saltydawg":1lzoqch5 said:
I'm a retired Senior Chief from the Navy and spent the better part of my career over in that theatre of operations.

Was part of both gulf wars and the war in Afghanistan, lost friends on the USS Cole, walked through Kobar Towars before it was bombed, and spent almost 10 years in support of operations in Iraq patrolling the no fly zones while Saddam and friends repeatedly shot weapons he wasn't supposed to have at us.

Nothing boils my blood more than to come home and watch the evening news with all the "experts" declaring this and that for no other purpose than to increase their political standing.

Media coverage is so biased and gives such an unbalanced and inaccurate picture of what's really happening over there it's not even funny.

Our troops are being forced to fight with 2 hands and one leg tied behind their back because of the political fighting back here.

Not trying to tell anyone who to vote for or how to voice their opinion but if your concern is the safety of our troops then you need to support the leaders that will supply our troops with the tools needed to do the job.
We're not allowed to shoot first without being labeled as "cold-blooded" killers and when we don't shoot first we take casualties which are then plastered all over the evening news as evidence we are losing.

Pulling out is not an option, it simply isn't. We would leave behind such a HUGE mess that it will fester and grow and ultimately cost us far more in the long run.

Our troops need to be allowed to take off the boxing gloves cause the otherside doesn't fight fair.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Saltydawg":36u594md said:

Well said. It's a view that I've been forming for some months now and but didn't have the ability nor the credibility to put it into words. I would greatly like to hear of some of our victories, what we are doing right. Also, when we see reported on the news that a number of our troops were killed or wounded, I often wonder if we are also inflicting casualties because enemy losses are seldom reported. It makes it seem that we are targets, hunkering down until the shooting stops, collecting our wounded and moving on.

Ok. You're on. I'll name some failures and you name 100 successes to counterbalance each of them.

1. Baghdad averages about 2 hours a day of electricity. Water service is sporadic. Several dozen civilians die each day in bomb attacks and assasinations.

2. A country that used to be ruled by a brutal, secular dictator is now on the verge of becoming a brutal Shi'ite theocracy.

3. The only real safe area for Iraqi government officials is the tiny green zone enclave in Baghdad.

4. We went into this thing without enough troops to secure the peace and no credible plan to maintain security after combat operations. The result has been escalating, horrific sectarian violence.

5. Somehwere between 40,000 and 600,000 Iraqis have died. We'll be pushing 3,000 U.S. dead and 20,000 wounded pretty soon.

6. There haven't been any WMDs found to date.

7. We are spending $6300 a second. The war is approaching 2,000,000,000,000 dollars in total expenses (Rummy said it would be under 50 billion). This would be enough money to provide basic health insurance for all uninsured Americans for the next decade.

Of course we've done a few good things. We've set up schools and Iraq had fairly open elections. But those things will be for nothing if a civil war erupts.

This war is going to go down as one of the worst foreign policy debacles in American history and Bush will certainly be vying for top five billing on the failed Presidents list.

Civil war has erupted and our troops are in the middle of it. Dozens of dead, mutiliated people are turning up on the streets of Baghdad every day. Iraqis killed by other Iraqis. Iraqis are dying at the rate of about a 100 per day. And now the White House says, we didn't really mean "stay the course"! Well, what did you mean when you mouthed those words and called everyone who suggested a plan for getting out unpatriotic and accused them of "cut and run"? How many more young men and women will die between now and November 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts