Afghanistan

Help Support CattleToday:

The Taliban follows the teachings of the Quran and Sharia Law, and are ruthless in their enforcement. To lay a "Cobalt Strip" could be interpreted as "Allah's" will.

If I might intervene:

I try to step back and look at the overall picture, we go to these foreign countries and try to help the victims of their "own people". In the process we kill "fathers" whose sons grow to hate US soldiers and the country they represent. Short of the "cobalt strip", this cycle will not end. The quote from the book "Return of a King" I think basically states what some of you have already acknowledged, China may very well step in to Afghanistan next.

"He turned to his friend and said, 'If the old men are like this, what will the younger ones be like?' In truth, all the Americans here know their game is over. It is just their politicians who deny this."

"These are the last days of the Americans," said the other elder. "Next it will be China".

Please don't attack each other :(
What about the women and girls of Afghanistan? Think they hate us? I see mother's handing their babies to British and American troops in the hope they will get the children out of the country.

What about the women and girls of Afghanistan? Think they hate us? I see mother's handing their babies to British and American troops in the hope they will get the children out of the country.
There is so much to consider, I think of the women of that country that took up arms , formed their own military group and help rid Kabul of ISIS. The men of ISIS are terrified of being killed by a woman. We either step in with enough force to take back all we have invested there and clean up Afghanistan, or we walk away.

Either the victims of the Taliban can count on the US, or they can't. But it is not right to continually give them hope and then allow a massacre.

My Dad always told me that some of the bloodiest wars ever fought were for the Christian cause. In reality it is for personal/financial gain.

Wasn't that a wall to keep people in not out?
Yes, and to keep western influence and spies out of East Berlin.
Didn't work all that well on either counts.

The great wall of China was a huge expense to keep the Mongols out
yet ineffective as Genghis Kahn breached it at will several times.
Walls at the Alamo didn't save them either.

Last edited:
There is so much to consider, I think of the women of that country that took up arms , formed their own military group and help rid Kabul of ISIS. The men of ISIS are terrified of being killed by a woman. We either step in with enough force to take back all we have invested there and clean up Afghanistan, or we walk away.

Either the victims of the Taliban can count on the US, or they can't. But it is not right to continually give them hope and then allow a massacre.

My Dad always told me that some of the bloodiest wars ever fought were for the Christian cause. In reality it is for personal/financial gain.
I predict we walk away. To go back in and protect our investment and honor our commitment to
those who will be victims of the Taliban would take intestinal fortitude -- guts and integrity.
Where would you find that?

Latest posts