affordable automatic feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker

Reaction score
Were can i find an automatic feeder for 50 steers weighing about 450 lbs already preconditioned? Unfortunately i can only go by my ranch on the weekends but i do have some family that lives on the property but they are to old to feed my cows.

Central Fl Cracker":o03ooql2 said:
Were can i find an automatic feeder for 50 steers weighing about 450 lbs already preconditioned? Unfortunately i can only go by my ranch on the weekends but i do have some family that lives on the property but they are to old to feed my cows.
You might be better off paying someone to check your cows and feed em.

Central Fl Cracker":2p3y5vfp said:
You might look into a bulk feed system Purina has that limits their intake when you bunk feed em through some kind of science. It works good from what I hear. With the economy they might give you the bunk.

We have an auger system that hooks to the bottom of the storage bin and has feeders haning on the conduit every couple of feet. When the feeders are full the motor shuts off. You pull a string and it dumps all of the feeders at once into the trough.

Try solarfeeders.com they look interesting they were at agribition i think it will feed up to 6 times a day works kinda like a deer feeder i may try to get 1 next fall they have a few different sizes and built in Arkansas.

My cousin has a big feeder on the order of a steer stuffer and the local coop mixes him a feed that has limiting ingredients in it.

each animals eats something like the predetermined amount each day. As I understand it the ration can be formulated to feed them about what you want them to have.

it can not be but so bad......

how can I say this nicely?

My cousin is not a spend thrift. He probably still has 75 cents of the first dollar he ever earned.

no i meant that it didnt sound like it was gonna b a cheap idea ...but maybe since it was his idea it is cheaper than i think???

pdfangus":2kxq9dvf said:
My cousin has a big feeder on the order of a steer stuffer and the local coop mixes him a feed that has limiting ingredients in it.

each animals eats something like the predetermined amount each day. As I understand it the ration can be formulated to feed them about what you want them to have.
Very true and it works. Most of the things used as limiters are a bit pricey tho but with limited intake the system does work.

Check into lick tubs if you have enough grass and just want to up their nutrition a little.
Or just self feed CGF or soyhulls (or a combination of the two)

bse":ltn2rvbv said:
Try solarfeeders.com they look interesting they were at agribition i think it will feed up to 6 times a day works kinda like a deer feeder i may try to get 1 next fall they have a few different sizes and built in Arkansas.

that is exactly what i was looking for, now i need to check out the price
Thanks

Latest posts