admin: something's afoot with the forum software?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Noticed this morning, while trying to highlight and move a string of text, it activates postimage logo and the text cannot be moved. Is the software 'seeing' reply box text as a jpeg for some reason?
Someone else please try it and see if the problem appears.

greybeard":1hz480or said:
Noticed this morning, while trying to highlight and move a string of text, it activates postimage logo and the text cannot be moved. Is the software 'seeing' reply box text as a jpeg for some reason?

Did it in the Quick Reply and the Post Reply boxes and it does like GB says. When I release the left click the Postimage goes away, but text does not make the the change.

slick4591":28k0yitq said:
greybeard":28k0yitq said:

Did it in the Quick Reply and the Post Reply boxes and it does like GB says. When I release the left click the Postimage goes away, but text does not make the the change.

Not doing it here. I can go into a thread, copy a string of text and move it to the Post Reply box without triggering the Postimage. Working as usual.

dun":az94pfvd said:
Try it again. I don;t have a problem with it either
still there.

Might be related to the recent server/hacking problems that have hit the internet the last few days. Packets are still being re-routed all over the place to avoid the DDoS affected servers. Not every website or program is being affected and worse in some parts of the country. I thought they had it fixed as of yesterday tho.
http://dyn.com/blog/dyn-statement-on-10 ... os-attack/
1st world problems... :)

greybeard":1x2v1ye2 said:
dun":1x2v1ye2 said:
Try it again. I don;t have a problem with it either
still there.

Might be related to the recent server/hacking problems that have hit the internet the last few days. Packets are still being re-routed all over the place to avoid the DDoS affected servers. Not every website or program is being affected and worse in some parts of the country. I thought they had it fixed as of yesterday tho.
http://dyn.com/blog/dyn-statement-on-10 ... os-attack/
1st world problems... :)

Might be time to run windows defender in full scan. Or what ever anti virus software you may have. I did use AVG and decided to kick it out. There was always a problem with the computer and AVG was always up dating and wanting you to pay for the AVG package. Any I have windows 10 and defender works well for me.

Are you using a phone/tablet or a PC? What browser? My fingers are too big (clumsy) to use anythign other than a PC.

Lenovo Laptop. Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m. This one's still running W7. Everything's updated and several different AV/spyware/adware programs (incl Win Defender) SuperAntispyware and subscriptioned Kapersky AV run with nothing found.

(The problem is still persistent)