Ad valorem Taxes

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
The County has a new 42" gas line crossing the County from west Texas to Houston. Will the County receive ad valorem taxes and if so how are the taxes calculated ?

In my county of Wood all utilities, pipelines, oil wells and such are appraised by a company by the name of Pritchett and Abbott. At least at one time they were.

Im not 100% sure but I do believe they will receive taxes on the value of the pipeline and any surface installations associated with it. It should be calculated off the value off the asset just like any thing else in the county. They will not receive taxes off the actual product being moved thru the pipeline.

cowboy43":gewf5hir said:
The County has a new 42" gas line crossing the County from west Texas to Houston. Will the County receive ad valorem taxes and if so how are the taxes calculated ?
I believe that same pipeline passes about 5 miles from me and is actually terminating at one of the plants in Mont Belvieu--either Enterprise or ExxonMobil..probably Enterprise. The signage says it's the Shin Oak pipeline and I'm pretty sure what I watched them unload by the side of the road is 24".

Enterprise Products Partners L.P. announced the construction of a new 571-mile pipeline to transport growing volumes of natural gas liquids from the Permian Basin to Enterprise's NGL fractionation and storage complex in Mont Belvieu, Texas.

The Shin Oak NGL pipeline will originate at Enterprise's Hobbs NGL fractionation and storage facility in Gaines County, Texas. The 24-inch diameter pipeline will have an initial design capacity of 250,000 barrels per day, expandable to 600,000 bpd. This project is supported by long-term customer commitments and is expected to be in service in the second quarter of 2019.

In addition to mixed NGL supplies aggregated at the Hobbs facility, the Shin Oak pipeline will provide takeaway capacity for mixed NGLs extracted at natural gas processing plants in the Permian region, including two Enterprise facilities that began service in 2016 and the Orla I plant that is scheduled to begin operations in the second quarter of 2018. In tandem with Enterprise's existing NGL pipelines, this new pipeline will also increase the company's capacity to transport purity NGL products from Hobbs to Mont Belvieu.

Latest posts