AC help

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB2

Reaction score
Brought 1086 in for some work including an a.c. leak. Now blows ice cold again, but after 1/2 hour or so water starts pouring out of headliner all along front. I know I need to pull cover off, but what should I be looking for? Thanks in advance.

Evaporator drain tubes are plugged up with dirt grass or something.
Sometimes LIGHTLY using compressed air works. Coat hanger. Mechanics/baling wire.
It may just be plugged at the beginning of the drain.
Taking the top off and looking for the drain tubes and a general cleaning does the trick

Use compressed air to blow the condensate drains out.

If they plug up again, you'll need to pull the roof panel and clean out the evaporator enclosure. The evaporator probably needs a good cleaning too.

Thanks guys. Shot of air and water drained all over shop floor. Both sides must have been plugged. Hopefully that is the end of the problem.

On lifting the lid, I had to work on a cab AC once and since I work along I was short on answers. I have a carport sort of pole, flat roof, covering that's high enough to park a tractor and 5x6 round baler. Dropped 4 ropes from the rafters (C purlins in this case) and the cover had 4 mounting bolts in the right places. Just looped the ropes through the holes and making the rounds, worked it up and out of the way.

On lifting the lid, I had to work on my cab AC once and since I work alone was short on answers as to getting it off. I have a carport sort of pole supported, flat roof, covering that's high enough to park a tractor and 5x6 round baler. Got out the 12' step ladder, dropped 4 ropes from the rafters (C purlins in this case) and the cover had 4 mounting bolt holes in the right places. Just looped the ropes through the holes and making the rounds, worked it up and out of the way.

Latest posts