Absolute disrespect

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, we very sincerely apologize to everyone who took offense to the photo.

Statements like this are best left unsaid. I get more irritated at some idiot that says, I didn't mean to offend anyone and we apologize to everyone who "took offense" to the photo. Why qualify it? Always seems to me that they don't really feel they were wrong in their action, but wrong in getting caught.

I would sentence them to boot camp and a tour of duty.

First she's lucky some Vet didn't kick her azz on the spot. She needs sentenced to boot camp and two years in a combat medevac unit, she needs to learn what she really disrespected.

stocky":g7zpp8ua said:
I agree with the posts about her, but another thought went through my head. Just put yourself in the place of a Vietnam Vet who went through all he or she went through and then came home to hundreds of thousands of people disrespecting them to their face the way she is. Unfortunately, the disrespect toward them still exists from the cowards who they fought to protect.
:nod: I still think about that,what a mess it was...our first war to be featured on TV. :(

Sarah Wunsch, a Staff Attorney with the ACLU of Massachusetts does not think the women should not lose their jobs over the photo.
"Other people have the right to say, 'I think she's a jerk or she's disrespectful.' I suppose they have the right to call for her to be fired," says Wunsch. "But it doesn't mean the employer should give into that."
"Offensiveness shouldn't be the standard for what gets to be able to be said, because what's offensive to you may not be offensive to me and vice versa," says Wunsch.

you can always count on the aclu to come to the aid of anti-American scumbags everywhere!

Morons abound. Hope she's fired--can't imagine anyone supporting her, even her family but from the text of the link above I see that isn't the case. Not surprised ACLU took her side either.

Freedom of speech tho, in regards to her employer firing her, doesn't enter into the picture. Those who think it does are simply mis-informed.
The 1st Amendment is very straightforward, and applies only to what GOVERNMENT (congress and it's sub legislation bodies (state govts) cannot do.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Again, the founding fathers recognized full well that there could and always would be non-judicial reprecussions from slander, insult, libel etc, that not everything of that nature is protected speech, and 2 of the most famous writers of the constitution dueled over words said and printed in newspapers of the day. Sitting Vice-President Aaron Burr shot and killed Alexander Hamilton.
So, unless her employer is Congress and they (congress) fire her, she doesn't have a sorry leg to stand on in that regard.

I will not put my thoughts into words other than that, but I would hope that God Almighty has a special place in hades for those like her.

When I first saw the picture I figured she was mocking the sign and not veterens or the people that have died in this country. And their statement said as much and I guess I believe them, because I can't believe anybody would be that stupid to purposely disrespect those that have served our country. It's a poor attempt at humor with no regard given to the location. A dumb person doing something dumb, no more no less. If I thought she was trying to disrespect the men and women that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country I would share your outrage. But I guess I have to just shake my head and be glad it wasn't one of my kids doing something stupid for a change.

ChrisB":3pzd37ua said:
When I first saw the picture I figured she was mocking the sign and not veterens or the people that have died in this country. And their statement said as much and I guess I believe them, because I can't believe anybody would be that stupid to purposely disrespect those that have served our country. It's a poor attempt at humor with no regard given to the location. A dumb person doing something dumb, no more no less. If I thought she was trying to disrespect the men and women that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country I would share your outrage. But I guess I have to just shake my head and be glad it wasn't one of my kids doing something stupid for a change.

And drunk drivers don't mean to kill people, doesn't change the fact that it happens quite often. Maybe she didn't mean it to be offensive, maybe she really was that dumb to think it was funny. But even her fb friends when she posted it a month ago said it was offensive and in poor taste. That should have been a light bulb moment for anyone to take it down.

I never said it wasn't offensive or in poor taste. And like a drunk driver, she has to face any consequences coming her way. I guess I don't see the difference between this event and a cartoon depicting Mohammed - they are both lame attempts at humor that may be seen as disrespectful.

ChrisB":3ezwyy5i said:
because I can't believe anybody would be that stupid to purposely disrespect those that have served our country.

Well, believe it because that type of disrespect has happened and continues to happen. My first experience of such disrespect was back in the late 1960's and early 70's. I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears soem of the horrible things that were said to returning Vietnam vets.

Here in 2012 I have heard some pretty awful thing said to people in military uniforms.

Unforunately it does happen.

My cousin Michael can tell you a couple pretty awful things that have been said to him.

Katherine

ChrisB":2bbqxoig said:
Yeah sure----that's what she was doing--that's the ticket--she's flipping and shouting 'towards' the sign---------NOT.
Their statement? It's known as CYA----after the fact.

She is just too cool for school, isn't she???? What a moron. Like was said, once her fb friends set her straight she should have had enough sense to delete it. I hope she does get fired from her job. Stupidity should be painful, some comedian said that.

ChrisB":3lshajp5 said:
I never said it wasn't offensive or in poor taste. And like a drunk driver, she has to face any consequences coming her way. I guess I don't see the difference between this event and a cartoon depicting Mohammed - they are both lame attempts at humor that may be seen as disrespectful.
Mohammed was an illiterate goat herder. Nothing more...nothing less. Supposedly told someone to write what he said....it became the Koran....wonder if they guy really wrote what he said or just wrote his own thoughts??

I can't comprehend this type conduct myself, but a person would have to be plum naive to think that some folks don't think and act this way toward our service men and women, living or deceased. Take the Westboro pricks as an example; They spend alot of money, and go out of their way to protest at military funerals. We have scum among us that will do this in front of grieving families, so I have no problem believing that some one off stupid, young, sorry arse excuse for a bytch, is capable of this act. I think her conduct, and the conduct of some other peoples and organizations are a crime. But I have been told I'm that a tad to harsh, and rough shod

It's their right to do all those things that pizz us off. Those men died so they would have that right. It's our right to laugh our ass off, not lift a finger to help or anything like that if we were to see them getting a mud hole stomped it their sorry good for nothing waste of space azz.

Red Bull Breeder":2ty6i2eq said:
Jed i see that having a full time hillbilly around has helped you with expressing yourself. I surely do agree with you.
Naw I was like this before he got here and I really had to throttle back what I feel, would say and do just to keep the thread from being locked.

My sister is an elementary school principal and when she interviews a prospective teacher the last thing she says is "before you leave I want you to sign on to your facebook page and let me see that". She says you can tell by the look on their face what you're about to see. And yes maybe the ACLU can keep the company from firing her for this, somewhat like when O J Simpson got away with cutting his X wifes head off, but where is he today........ rotting in jail. This girl will be fired just for something else.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.