Absentee Voting

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
A lot of noise from the top about voter fraud with mail in ballots. The attorney general says that a foreign country could flood the polls with counterfeit ballots. Looks to me like if more ballots show up than asked for then it could be looked at and the bogus ballots removed. To me this is only noise to keep an election from being certified if a person that loses really does not accept the results of the election and refuses to leave the office.

hurleyjd said:
A lot of noise from the top about voter fraud with mail in ballots. The attorney general says that a foreign country could flood the polls with counterfeit ballots. Looks to me like if more ballots show up than asked for then it could be looked at and the bogus ballots removed. To me this is only noise to keep an election from being certified if a person that loses really does not accept the results of the election and refuses to leave the office.

Looks like an easy way to me to screw it up. Lot of dead people voted for LBJ.
This would make it even easier.
How many counties voter registration rolls are accurate? I would bet not many.
I think you should have to vote in person with ID no matter absentee or not.

One man one vote one day and in person. Ids are a must. If a person is too lazy to do that then they don't deserve to vote. Allowances can be made for the elderly or those with legitimate impairments provided they are of sound mind.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
One man one vote one day and in person. Ids are a must. If a person is too lazy to do that then they don't deserve to vote. Allowances can be made for the elderly or those with legitimate impairments provided they are of sound mind.

Okay I will agree with you but we need enough polling places to accommodate all that wants to vote. Every wonder if your signature matches the one on record. Last time I signed with the tip of the finger. My signature changes over the years and I do not remember what it was when I registered to vote many years ago. A registration card is sent to me each year without me asking for it.

hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Okay I will agree with you but we need enough polling places to accommodate all that wants to vote. Every wonder if your signature matches the one on record. Last time I signed with the tip of the finger. My signature changes over the years and I do not remember what it was when I registered to vote many years ago. A registration card is sent to me each year without me asking for it.

A signature is not an identification in today's world. Everyone can get a picture ID today.
https://www.votetexas.gov/mobile/id-faqs.htm

As far as voting places there are so many now it's confusing on where to vote. I say make it more centralized .

hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Your ID shouldn't change.

hurleyjd said:

Don't worry about him not leaving the office. Just don't think he's going to lose. As for absentee voting I've never done it in my life. Always made it a point to be home on election day and go vote in person. Our voting box is located in a little community center about 8 miles down the road. Probably won't be over 75-80 ballots cast so no worry about having to stand in line.

TexasBred said:
hurleyjd said:

Don't worry about him not leaving the office. Just don't think he's going to lose. As for absentee voting I've never done it in my life. Always made it a point to be home on election day and go vote in person. Our voting box is located in a little community center about 8 miles down the road. Probably won't be over 75-80 ballots cast so no worry about having to stand in line.

And I'll stand in line with hundreds to vote in a county and a state that is solidly Red. Needless to say my vote isn't crucial in terms of the electoral college but I'm proud to do my part.

hurleyjd said:
Don't worry hurley, that's the only way your candidate could possibly win, under fraud and corruption, sad thing is it could happen, and you should be proud.

sim.-ang.king said:
If you want the US to be like Illinois then mail-in voting is a great idea.
You hit the nail on the head, and I'm in the same sorry state you are, and its disgusting, its just sad that we have to pay for there corruption, you bet Hurley, that's the way to go, let's get another brain dead in office, silver will back him.

TennesseeTuxedo said:

So how can you vote, in good conscious, for an individual that voted in the last election via mail, then proceeded to run it down? If you're going to talk the talk, shouldn't you have walked the walk?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/donald-trump-vote-by-mail-absentee/index.html

Bestoutwest said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

So how can you vote, in good conscious, for an individual that voted in the last election via mail, then proceeded to run it down? If you're going to talk the talk, shouldn't you have walked the walk?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/donald-trump-vote-by-mail-absentee/index.html

I'll type more slowly this time, voting absentee is fine, mailing millions of generic ballots out to Lord knows who is a different matter altogether.

On one hand I do think we could craft a relatively foolproof system for using mail-in ballots in the future but something seems inherently wrong with disposing of our traditional means of selecting our elected representatives.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I'll type more slowly this time, voting absentee is fine, mailing millions of generic ballots out to Lord knows who is a different matter altogether.

On one hand I do think we could craft a relatively foolproof system for using mail-in ballots in the future but something seems inherently wrong with disposing of our traditional means of selecting our elected representatives.

So, let me get this straight. It's ok if your guy does it, but if people voting for Biden do it than THAT'S the problem? I'm not really following here....it seems there's a whole lot of hypocrisy buzzing around like flies to a turd.....

Where you should get scared is the in-person voting that is computerized. Anything computerized is hackable.

Bestoutwest said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

So, let me get this straight. It's ok if your guy does it, but if people voting for Biden do it than THAT'S the problem? I'm not really following here....it seems there's a whole lot of hypocrisy buzzing around like flies to a turd.....

Where you should get scared is the in-person voting that is computerized. Anything computerized is hackable.

One last time son, legitimate absentee voting is a-okay in my book. Read this until you comprehend.

Latest posts