Abandon Ship!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Marked dozer operator off my list today. Way too dangerous. :shock: Luckily the guy was thinking and flipped the door open as it was going in.

Dozer for sale. All new parts. Low Hours :)

Dozer_zps3859e2bf.jpg

Had a D-6 upside down in the front yard once.
Guy I hired to do some clearing was working on a big Live Oak
He was working around cutting the roots when the tree just went over the root ball
flipped the dozer upside down on the roll cage.
After he got his drawers cleaned we stood in the yard like two cows staring at a new gate,
trying to figure out how we were going to get 20,000 lbs flipped back over.

It happens in a hurry.

This guy was filling a water pit in. What he was on just gave way. He was waste deep in mud before he could get out.

It took another dozer and a big track hoe to pull it out. They dug around it and made a ramp to it. Dead pulled it backwards. There was mud just running out the engine compartment and cab. Surprisingly there was no water in the oil... nothing made it in to the intake. They were washing it off when I left.

It was surprising to hear how often things like this happen with large equipment.

He better check ALL the oils! I'd be surprised if there's no water in the tranny/final final drives.

CB, I flipped our Allis HD6 over once.. yep, sure had to clean the drawers out after that one.. My bonus was it was in a creek! I was on a bit of a sidehill pushing, and I went over some piece of slick wood, and it just slid downhill and flipped.

With a block and tackle, a whole bunch of chain, and the wee little JD350 I got her feet back on the ground and drove it out of there.. I did need to yank on the ROPS (if you want to call it that) a bit with the JD350's bucket and bash out the air filter precleaner into a semi functional shape again.
Certainly not something I want to experience again!

Nesikep":2gnr495m said:
He better check ALL the oils! I'd be surprised if there's no water in the tranny/final final drives.

CB, I flipped our Allis HD6 over once.. yep, sure had to clean the drawers out after that one.. My bonus was it was in a creek! I was on a bit of a sidehill pushing, and I went over some piece of slick wood, and it just slid downhill and flipped.

With a block and tackle, a whole bunch of chain, and the wee little JD350 I got her feet back on the ground and drove it out of there.. I did need to yank on the ROPS (if you want to call it that) a bit with the JD350's bucket and bash out the air filter precleaner into a semi functional shape again.
Certainly not something I want to experience again!

You were lucky not to have gotten seriously hurt.
I seen the guy when he flipped that CAT it still amazes me when I think about it.
It happened so fast there was nothing he could do but enjoy the ride.

No one hurt seriously is a win. Equipment can be replaced.

Lessons learned.

High wall caved out from under the backhoe outrigger once. Over I went. Landed on the back bucket. Teeter totter getting it down. That incident changed the way I dug stone.

I got to watch a D8 slide about 300 yards down a mountain side one time. I was cutting road right away. As I was walking out at the end of the day the guy pushing in the road was working on a real steep part. The hillside gave away and down the mountain he went. He was a good enough operator that he got it faced down the hill right away but there was no stopping until he got to the bottom. He sure had to clean out his shorts after that ride.
I finished falling the trees on a mile of road right away and the cat was still sitting there. They had to wait until they brought in the yarder to log that setting and used it to pull the cat up the hill.

I've watched tracked and even wheeled machines working the sides of the Miss R. levees in La and on 2 big dirt dams at Twin Buttes and O.C. Fisher out near San Angelo. How more of them don't flip over sideways I just don't know. (Ain't gotta work on 'em much anymore--bone dry from what I hear)

O.C. Fisher Reservoir has a capacity of 400,000 acre feet and has been stocked with species of fish intended to improve the utility of the reservoir for recreational fishing. Fish present in the lake include largemouth bass, white bass, catfish, and white crappie.[2] As of 2012, due to severe drought conditions, the lake is completely dry, and no fish are alive in the reservoir.

On a video I saw a flipped drill rig, and they were getting it back upright... They just looped the rope over what looked to be a trailer ball hitch, and as they flipped it, the loop came off. The brakes weren't set and it started to roll down the hill... Don't know how it ended but I think it got going about 20mph!

Latest posts