AAA

Help Support CattleToday:

positions of the folks that got sent down the road

office staff

Bill Bowman (chief operating officer & #2 man)
Sally Northcutt (genetic research director)
Don Laughlin (director of member services)
Lou Ann Adams (director of information systems)
Scott Johnson (director of angus information management software)
Robin Ruff (activities and events AKA show director)

and these fieldmen

Chuck Grove (Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee)
Richard Dyar (Alabama, Louisiana,Arkansas, Mississippi)
Matt Caldwell (Kansas, Oklahoma)
Jerry Cassidy (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin)
Matt Printz (Colorado, Nebraska)
Rod Wesselman (Idaho, Oregon, Washington)

All these names were copied from another site so Im not 100% sure.

TexasBred":1oa7nr2p said:
Typical....CEO survives and the working guys get canned.

Sounds as though it was a mutiny orchestrated by the COO who wanted the CEO's job. Mutiny failed, so they probably expected to be fired. Not sure what the original cause was but sounds like a transition period for the association until they fill some job openings

Jake":36gqwdgu said:
TexasBred":36gqwdgu said:

Sounds as though it was a mutiny orchestrated by the COO who wanted the CEO's job. Mutiny failed, so they probably expected to be fired. Not sure what the original cause was but sounds like a transition period for the association until they fill some job openings
You really think so?? Perhaps the mutineers had good reason only to be rounded up, chastised and thrown to the dogs.

TexasBred":2j2ryk1v said:
Jake":2j2ryk1v said:
TexasBred":2j2ryk1v said:

You really think so?? Perhaps the mutineers had good reason only to be rounded up, chastised and thrown to the dogs.

Very, very possible. But we will never know which way it happened. I assume since the elected board of directors went on to retain the current CEO they must have believed that was the direction the members want the association to go.

"The association remains a membership-driven organization, and it will work through these challenging times to build a brighter future for the organization and the people it serves."

So, these are challenging times? I sold feeder calves for over $1200 last week.

alexfarms":32e24esb said:
"The association remains a membership-driven organization, and it will work through these challenging times to build a brighter future for the organization and the people it serves."

Probably should have chosen to ignore this, but do you even read the conversation and what is going on before posting?

It is challenging times for the association when they are now down 15 employees many of whom were influential people.

Not sure what the letter the 15 signed was about, but seems they tried to get there boss ousted, backfired on them, the BOD sided with the CEO.
Lot of years experience left, sometimes new folks with new ideas is a good thing, no loss for me on RM, he has never had a word to say to me anyway you have to have a lot of cattle for him to speak to you, can't say for the rest of them but no loss in my opinion for our region.

Jake":32hre9ti said:
alexfarms":32hre9ti said:

Probably should have chosen to ignore this, but do you even read the conversation and what is going on before posting?

It is challenging times for the association when they are now down 15 employees many of whom were influential people.

It didn't say they resigned did it? No they can't announce firings. If people had to go, then that should be good for any organization.

My guess: underlying budget problems.

bse":2pkc5r52 said:
Not sure what the letter the 15 signed was about, but seems they tried to get there boss ousted, backfired on them, the BOD sided with the CEO.
Lot of years experience left, sometimes new folks with new ideas is a good thing, no loss for me on RM, he has never had a word to say to me anyway you have to have a lot of cattle for him to speak to you, can't say for the rest of them but no loss in my opinion for our region.
Many (too many) BOD's are little more than "Boards of Approval". They simply rubber stamp any recommendation coming from the CEO rather than risk losing a director's fee. You can probably read 25 years of BOD minutes and not find two dissenting votes on anything.

alexfarms":5ylpkugs said:
It didn't say they resigned did it? No they can't announce firings. If people had to go, then that should be good for any organization.

My guess: underlying budget problems.

They didn't resign, they were fired. And yes it is more or less an announcement of such. Had nothing to do with budget issues.

TB
Sounds like the vote was 10-6, there are some discussions on another site that is fairly in depth as to member feelings about what happened. Seems like this CEO is popular with the majority of people other than those employees that tried to get him ousted.

It's all about the money. Guaranteed. Management prioritizing the budget and employees upset about not getting their not getting their fair share of a shrinking budget pie.

alexfarms":15gvkce8 said:
It's all about the money. Guaranteed. Management prioritizing the budget and employees upset about not getting their not getting their fair share of a shrinking budget pie.

Glad a Hereford breeder is so knowledgeable about why AAA employees tried to get their boss fired.

Jake":11x9ny3d said:
alexfarms":11x9ny3d said:

Glad a Hereford breeder is so knowledgeable about why AAA employees tried to get their boss fired.
:clap: :clap:

Jake":5e79ln3v said:
alexfarms":5e79ln3v said:

It's called common sense and yes, I do read others posts before I respond. A CEO doesn't fire 15 employees and then complain about having created "challenging times". Cow numbers are down across the country. AHA raised its fees last fall, they'll probably do it again. Most CEOs are overpaid and most of the low men on the totum pole are underpaid.

alexfarms":86xu0u4t said:
Jake":86xu0u4t said:
alexfarms":86xu0u4t said:

It's called common sense and yes, I do read others posts before I respond. A CEO doesn't fire 15 employees and then complain about having created "challenging times". Cow numbers are down across the country. AHA raised its fees last fall, they'll probably do it again. Most CEOs are overpaid and most of the low men on the totum pole are underpaid.

Go read about what actually happened and the reasons it was carried out instead of applying your "common sense" I don't read the statement issues as complaining it is informing of membership of a change in who is going to be dealing with them on a daily basis and to expect some challenges as they replace the staff. You're are trying to talk about something that has no place in the discussion of these events.

Jake":129ercp0 said:
alexfarms":129ercp0 said:
Jake":129ercp0 said:

Go read about what actually happened and the reasons it was carried out instead of applying your "common sense" I don't read the statement issues as complaining it is informing of membership of a change in who is going to be dealing with them on a daily basis and to expect some challenges as they replace the staff. You're are trying to talk about something that has no place in the discussion of these events.

I have as much right as u to respond and speculate. Anybody with an ounce of common sense can see this is about money.