A very, very strange and sad story

Help Support CattleToday:

We've bought some bulls sight unseen.

Those are miserable looking.. hope it gets settle justly and the cows get some food in them.

tdarden3k":2gn06tqm said:
http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/4942887336.html

Has anyone ever bought cattle sight-unseen before ?

I have not. My father in law bought a high powered bull from out west some years ago. Swears he will never do it again. Physically the bull was great. Temperament? Well let's just say he was not a people person.....I think part of that was expectation..big difference in bulls handled frequently and bulls out on miles of range land who see people quite infrequently..

I never have bought cattle sight unseen, and can't foresee a situation where I ever would. Certainly not from some stranger.

And considering how much rain we've gotten this spring, and how cheap hay has been, there is no excuse for those cows to be in that shape.

I would never buy anything before I saw it and surely not pay that much for such pitiful looking heifers. I do not trust Craig's list. About 86 have been killed because they were trying to buy from it. It is dangerous.

I believe that 90% of Cattlemen are honest but it scares me that I might end up tangling with the other 10%. That is why I will only pay a minimal to no deposit and arrange my own shipping. I will always ask to see sellers id and show him mine.

3waycross":2kqeyiyx said:
Fella needs his a$$ beat hard, and then jailed for abuse!
Buyer needs his a$$ beat as well for stupidity. Can't imagine anyone accepting delivery on those cattle and paying for them....unless he was told in advance.

It reads like the buyer also paid in advance otherwise no one in their right mind would make that deal.

Why would someone pay in advance? Seems to me to open up the opportunity to be shafted.

I did buy a bull from a reputable breeder once, saw only pictures and took the opinion of a friend of a friend. I paid on delivery but asked breeder what happens if I see something I don't like, they said we will leave him on the trailer and go back home.

first time sight unseen(only on video) this year from Jamison Hereford in Kansas 2 bulls 2yr old and put them up alone and fed them a little.after 30 days loaded them from a wire corral on a rent place, they walked in like I had raised them doing that. I was very impressed turned them out with 52 cows on a new place not a bit of trouble. (knock on wood)

Latest posts